hip hop harry

fishbone

Reaction score
any body see this show on tlc?.not sure how old it is ..i know that david joyner played harry a few times & performed the voice for a few episodes.joyner also performed as barney. as an african american male,it's kinda cool to see others like myself that are entertaining & teaching children.kevin clash is still the man1!:excited:

wes

Reaction score
I have seen the show and read up on Hip Hop Harry, the show is great and has a great concept, but as a puppet person the Puppet itself could have been better, the music and the kids are awesome.

I was watching it this morning at 6am.

fishbone

Reaction score
man..your up early!!!and your fast too...i just posted..yeah the mouth moves funny & yea..but it's fun..

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
AAAAACCCK, what a eye sore,

not my cup of tea at all, didnt like the character design or the set , and the "HIP HOP" sounds like it was written by a bunch of white guys in suits,

eeeeeesh , shame they didnt try a little harder to really make the show more interesting

fishbone

Reaction score
uh,yeah..dude it's tlc..didn't like the puppet & it sounds like barry soble in revenge of the nerds when he's trying to rap & why is the "black kid" the only one playing basket ball? but I like the idea & it was a nice try

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i agree it was a nice try , but they didnt ry hard enough the Bear is way to Generic looking , and with out a really expressive face and mouth the whole thing gets lost ,

as for the hip hop part they really should have tried to get a little more out of the genra, while im not a huge hip hop fan, i think if they had tried to steer clear of the whole "everything must ryhme because it is rap" mentality it might have been more interesting ,

the whole show sounded like t was writtne by a white guy in the early years of rap, it sounds almost embarising beacuse it has no real connection with the medium ,

just my opinions though

wes

Reaction score
I say, it's not as Bad As it could be!! It's like Barney gone thugish, Word!