Hogan's Hereos Remake Planned

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Those of you who have been here for a good number of years know that I used to despise this show, even though over the last few years, it's grown on me... I don't LOVE it, but it's enjoyable to watch from time to time... though, I still say Hogan doesn't even hold a candle M*A*S*H, M*A*S*H is still a FAR superior show.

But anyway, apparently now HOGAN'S HEROES may be yet another show from yesteryears that will be tarnished with a modern-day sequel. http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/hog...y-and-bernard-fein-theyre-plotting-new-movie/

This almost seems similar to the case with Bagdasarian Productions getting back the rights to the Alvin and The Chipmunks franchise from Universal, it appears now that one of the creators has the rights to the program again, he's wanting it to make a comeback... I'm not sure how this will play out... I have a feeling a Hogan movie in this day and age would be like another INGLORIOUS BASTERDS (which many have compared to HOGAN'S HEROES).

They just better not ever try to remake M*A*S*H, I'd be ******. If they ever do that, I think both Beakerfan and myself decided we would try to get involved to make sure they don't tarnish the original series: the two of us could probably write a much better script than any of today's big Hollywood writers would come up with.

Teheheman

Reaction score
First of all, LOVE that Michael Scott clip. One of my favorite moments from the show, especially the fact that it cuts off and I like to think he keeps going for another 5 minutes.
BUT, on to the topic at hand, Hogan's Heroes would probably not be the best topic for a movie because the whole series is the fact that they escape, do all these things to the Nazis and come back and Klink was none the wiser. That was pretty much the whole series. You lose some of that aspect in the movie.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought they did and called it Recess?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are we going back to the whole Ed has to edit/change Snowth's thread titles for whatever reason, despite the fact that they were already grammatically correct? The word "Heroes" is now misspelled.

But yes, RECESS did borrow a LOT of influence from HOGAN'S HEROES, it's quite clear for those who are familiar enough with both shows.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Then there was the time they directly referenced it.

Can't say I'm a huge fan. I dig it, it's alright, but I always tune in to MeTV on Saturdays and catch the end of it because I just can't wait for 60's Batman.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hogan's Heroes, Three Stooges, how many more examples do you need of "Don't fix it if it ain't broke?"

Not that I'm prophesying or anything, but it will be a cold day if and when they ever make a Gilligan movie.
(Not counting the late 70's reunite-the-original-cast-and-stick-them -on-the-island-with-the-Harlem-Globetrotters-debacle). Painful!