Hollywood Sq's: Holding the JHC universe in tact

beaker

Reaction score
For the first time in awhile I actually briefly looked at the tv yesterday, and to my surprise I saw a rather large orangish guy in the bottom right corner of the squares...why it was Bear! From Bear in the big Blue House...a repeat I had never seen...but gosh was it nice to see him. I had thought anything having to due with Blue Hosue had gone under.

And it reminded me...Hollywood Squares is one of the few companies keeping all three of JHC' major franchises together. While EM.TV and other legalities have often kept in recent time the 'Muppet' universe segregated...its nice to see characters from the canon of Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Bear in The Big Blue House all on one show in regular appearences.

A few other product companies like Nanco and Sababa are thankfully
keeping all 3 brandnames(incl. Fraggle Rock) under one roof.
To me the more Bear in the big Blue House, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock are kept within some sort of loose connection, people will always know that they too, are Muppets.

I just hope Hollywood Squares enlists characters like Pepe, Sal, etc to come on besides just the main 'mascots' of each respected show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree totally on that last statement, Beaker...

I mean, I love Kermit and Piggy... but we need Fozzie, Pepe, or Johnny and Sal (or Bunsen an' Beaker). Maybe see if Eric is up to performing Grover or something...

Muppets make HS bearable... of course, nothing could make any of the oher game shows bearable....