Hooper's Store 37 year employment History

SesameStreetFan

Reaction score
superfan said:
It's certainly great trivia to keep in my back pocket, but no, he doesn't ring a bell.
Thanks all the same!
That's probably because Tom wasn't there for very long at all. He was only on the show during the 3rd Season 1971-1972. So unless you were watching the show at that time, your'e not gonna remember him, and according to your age, you weren't born yet when he was on the show, and I don't think they ever reran anything with him in it. So if you don't remember Tom, your'e probably pretty normal. lol :zany:

superfan

Reaction score
SesameStreetFan said:
That's probably because Tom wasn't there for very long at all. He was only on the show during the 3rd Season 1971-1972. So unless you were watching the show at that time, your'e not gonna remember him, and according to your age, you weren't born yet when he was on the show, and I don't think they ever reran anything with him in it. So if you don't remember Tom, your'e probably pretty normal. lol :zany:
Normal, eh? NOT the effect I was going for...:halo: :wink:

(is there a pic of him anywhere?)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hay D'snowth, don't forget Hoopers had a news stand and then a fruit stand. Because Mr Macintosh used to own a fruit stand that was not part of hoopers before they had one.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Wasn't there a book where Bert ran the store? I think I have that book from when I was a kid, but I can't remember where it is, nor can I remember the store. I thought it was Hoopers, but I could be wrong. I've been known to be wrong before.

Daniel

nickcoffee12

Reaction score
yes it was hoopers store and the book is called bert and the broken teapot

SesameStreetFan

Reaction score
Oh yes. I remember the book Bert and the Broken Teapot. It would be nice if they made that book into an episode today, replacing David with Alan of course. I think it would make the perfect episode, and it would also be a good way to bring Bert into a main storyline.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Wow! I remember "Bert and the Broken Teapot"! I used to have that book. I remember Bert was so upset because he broke a teapot while filling in for David at Hooper's Store. :frown: But of course, David forgave him (even though it was a special teapot that Mr. Hooper had given David, I believe) and everything was okay- it is Sesame Street after all!:smile:
Yeah- that'd be a pretty cool episode and Bert would definitely be the main star.