Hot Dog TV?

dwmckim

Reaction score
(Mods, since this is "Henson" more than "Muppets" feel free to move it to a different category- didn't know which it should be in)

Was caught up in "real life stuff" last night and forgot to tune into Cartoon Network for the debut of the first Henson Hot Dog TV short. Does anyone have any kind of airing schedules for these in terms of reruns or if all new shorts will debut on Monday nights or other times? In the meantime, i've got my vcr running on CN hoping to catch a random re-showing of it.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I've not heard a single thing about this? Can you fill me in please?

Just found this on Twitter:
HOT DOG TV, original Henson puppet shorts, airing on Cartoon Network. Look for "Fiendish Footlong" next 8/2 at 6:58 pm.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I've not heard a single thing about this? Can you fill me in please?

Just found this on Twitter:
HOT DOG TV, original Henson puppet shorts, airing on Cartoon Network. Look for "Fiendish Footlong" next 8/2 at 6:58 pm.
I just watched it and it was pretty funny. I knew these intersitcials were going to air because, Patrick Bristow said he directed intersitcials for CN featureing the Hot Dogs from Stuffed and Unstrung.

beaker

Reaction score
I never thought that the Hot Dogs from Jim Henson's City Kids in the early 90's would have had such an interesting revival two decades later!

First off is the new Hot Dog plush!
http://twitpic.com/26w1fc

There's also a number of appearances in interview form featuring the hot dog on youtube(promotion for Stuffed) These guys were used heavily in Puppet Up and now Stuffed and Unstrung.

Between this, the Dog City dvd, and other things it's like an obscure early 90's Henson puppetry revival!

dwmckim

Reaction score
The good ol' put in a six hour tape and let it run strategy worked. They showed it again and i got it. Now the question remains - are they rolling out new ones each week - at the same time?

beaker

Reaction score
The good ol' put in a six hour tape and let it run strategy worked. They showed it again and i got it. Now the question remains - are they rolling out new ones each week - at the same time?
Ooh, what;s your take on these little 2 minute sketches? Where does it take place, and what transpires? Can't wait for it to hit youtube. And I so want a hot dog plush:smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Not even two minutes - the debut episode clocked in at 1:07. Just good Hensonesque fun - if i could classify it, it would fall more in Henson's Alt division though there wasn't any kind of adult or blue humor or anything like that. I hate to say too much or give spoilers as i'm sure Henson will soon put it on their Youtube page or will pop up somewhere similar but to give a very general description, the first installment "Fiendish Footlong" shows a hot dog's quest to find the fabled fiendish footlong which he does which leads to a huge chase. Fun interstitial.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sounds great... though, I'm still ANTI-live action on CN... interstitial are fine and dandy though. It's good that Henson can come out and put themselves out there like that on a major cable channel. These sound wonderful, though I again feel some concern that puppetry=Animation now. I was at some museum event with the Fantastic World of Jim Henson and Heather Henson expressed concern that they are lumped together, yet there's no real venue for various kinds of puppetry and they have to ride on animation's coattails... leading into her promotion of her puppetry film festival (I wish it were here! I'd go in a second).

I really hope they put these up on their youtube page, though. They sound amazing. You see. That's the way to do it. Take already built puppets, make short little movies or segments or interstitial or something. The big big projects need so much money and leadership and promotion (and therefore never come to fruition/ get stuck in development purgatory), but these little gigs and gags... they're genius. I wish they'd do this stuff with Red Fraggle online!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't have as much of a problem with Muppets/Henson on Cartoon Network because even though puppetry and animation are different fields, puppetry is still a TYPE of animation - the art of animating inanimate objects. They may be in the same family though it's a distant relationship - a cousin or in-law more than a sibling. There's at least some justification as opposed to say "Saved by the Bell" (despite rumors of the actors secretly being anamatrons)

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this series of shorts is branded as a "Henson Alternative" project?