House of Mouse revival?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
On top of that, some of the names seem...iffy, shows rarely go on for 130 episodes, production numbers do not work like that, and what the heck does "but it won't be an original show for either Disney Channel or The Hub at all" even mean? And why would Disney put anything they own on the Hub to begin with?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm almost 100% sure that's fake.
Which is why I hate the internet. All these dumb kids start trying to push off wish fulfillment as news and litter the internet with rumors about projects that never happen.

The biggest tells... Disney has long since dumped McD's. Why would they have let a valuable partnership like theirs go when Cars 2 came out only to decide to do it for a show that's not even going to be out for a couple years? Also... it's going to air on The Hub? A channel devoted mostly to Hasbro related programs and a couple reruns here and there? Why not one of Disney's networks?

There are hundreds of these stories flooding the internet that some show that's long since been cancelled is coming back, and it's rarely true. It needs the backup of the actual staff. There are rumors that there's going to be a revival of Xioalin Showdown, and it somehow has backing of info from Grey Delise and Tara Strong. unless they're in on the gag as well.

But it would be nice for House of Mouse to make a return
Now I have to get on that soap box again.

I'm not happy at all with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, yet I'm glad it exists, because it was the project that got Mickey and Co back on store shelves and in the public eye where they BELONG. Not pop stars, not Winnie The Pooh... Disney prides itself on it's image of "It all started with a mouse." Why was Mickey and co absent for years? Even in Disney Stores? Years later... we have a Peg Leg Pete Pez dispenser (his first merchandise since Goof Troop went off the air) and a Ludwig VonDrake plush toy (a character that NEVER had merchandise, but was used quite often since Wonderful World of Color in the 60's).

But Disney needs to get a better project for the characters... a movie (theatrical or DTV), a new TV show... more than that ONE Goofy short at least. A Preschool show isn't cutting it. We're the country that created the characters, and yet they're more recognizable around the world because those international countries actually like those characters. There's an Italian franchise of Disney character comics. We have Carl Barks stuff that keeps going out of print back and forth.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Imagine if this were real, and they really did plan up to 2019. Heh, that would be weird. :concern:

Hayley B

Reaction score
I remember hearing this on a radio station wayback. That John Lasseter was planning to make new Disney shorts. Shorts with like Mickey, Donald, etc all again. But that's been so long ago when I heard that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember hearing this on a radio station wayback. That John Lasseter was planning to make new Disney shorts. Shorts with like Mickey, Donald, etc all again. But that's been so long ago when I heard that.

They made ONE.
They made one, and no more ever again.

But in their defense, they shoved the thing before National Treasure 2, and not a kid's movie. A lot of people saw it, but apparently were confused by Nick Cage's strangely new found acting ability, weird green hat, and constant "Ah Hy-UK-s."

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Yeah and it's because of the going out of print back and forth that you can BARELY EVER find them anywhere! (Not even in comic stores.)
But anyway, Disney does need a new project for their characters!
I'm getting very fed up with Mickey Mouse clubhouse!
But....It would be nice to see another movie with them. (TRADITIONALLY ANIMATED!)
Hey, it could be worse! We could be hearing that disney has a Live-action/CGI Mickey film planned, pretty much what WB is planning for Bugs Bunny. (Of which I DON'T THINK WILL EVER HAPPEN! Because Disney's TOO SMART for that!)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They made ONE.
They made one, and no more ever again.
They made a cartoon about the Loch Ness Monster for "Winnie the Pooh" and another short, "Paperman", will appear before "Wreck-It-Ralph".

Drtooth

Reaction score
They made a cartoon about the Loch Ness Monster for "Winnie the Pooh" and another short, "Paperman", will appear before "Wreck-It-Ralph".
Ones starring the characters, I mean... but yeah. I thought that the Loch Ness Monster cartoon was the best part of the Pooh movie (besides the Backson, of course). It really had that classic Disney short feel of things like Casey Jones, the Reluctant Dragon... even Wind in the Willows. A feel they didn't grasp, yet tried too hard to recreate in the box office flop, Home on the Range.

I give them credit, though. When they made that one Goofy short, they picked the best possible Goofy cartoon subject. A "How To." Only thing more fun than a Goofy "How To" are those 1950's shorts about mundane things that a more Humanized version of Goofy keeps bungling.

But we're in serious need of a new Donald Duck short.
Yeah and it's because of the going out of print back and forth that you can BARELY EVER find them anywhere! (Not even in comic stores.)
They go in and out of print due to the fact that the licenses keep expiring and bouncing around. If only I could get my mitts on 50 bucks to buy both volumes of the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck before it becomes impossible to find again. I swear, that thing's only available like once a decade, and I keep missing my chance. They really should have gave Boom an extension, but it looks like Fantagraphics has the reprint of old comics license now. Hopefully, they'll do Life and Times when the Boom prints disappear for good. Too bad they didn't make them soft bound, though.

But anyway, Disney does need a new project for their characters!
I'm getting very fed up with Mickey Mouse clubhouse!
But....It would be nice to see another movie with them. (TRADITIONALLY ANIMATED!)
The characters look dreadful in CGI. Not just in Clubhouse, but all their CGI projects (Twice Upon a Christmas, which I've never seen, but I hear it has Max Goof and Uncle Scrooge in it, so it can't be all bad). They just don't have that aesthetic. The Ducks look alright, though... but Mickey looks completely weird. Somethings just don't work in 3 dimensions... even if it's as simple as making them a kid's toy.

Come on. You know you have one toy of some cartoon character that doesn't look right as a toy at all.