How big is Your Muppet Collection?

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Hi All,
Do any of you here have a HUGE muppet collection? I don't have a huge collection, but It is constantly growing. Especially with all these New Muppet Figures. I do get quite a lot of Neat and old Muppet stuff at Goodwill and Thrift Stores. Where do you guys get most of your stuff?

Jake

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Didymus
How big is Your Muppet Collection?
Not big enough:wink: (considering Ive been collecting for over 2 decades)

Gonzo

Reaction score
Jake,

I think there are a LOT or people here who have huge Muppet collections...mine's pretty big. You can find a lot of great stuff at goodwill/thrift stores and flea markets--another place to look is eBay--you'll find a good mix of prices on old and new stuff.

Good luck!

Quinnnnnnnnn

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Quinn,
How long have you been collecting? Yeah, I know Ebay! I've gotten TONS of great Muppet stuff there. I get most of my stuff there! I have gotten lots of cool cheap stuff at Goodwill.

Jake

P.S. Hey, aren't you the guy who is supposed to be on "Who Want's to be a Millionaire"? I never miss an episode of that show! And everytime I watch it I think "Isn't some guy from Muppet Central on here?" Do you know when it will be on?

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Thanks Phil! I love that story! I knew someone around here was on Millionaire, but I didn't quite know who it was. By the way Phil, do you have a big muppet collection?

Jake

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Didymus
Quinn,
How long have you been collecting? Yeah, I know Ebay! I've gotten TONS of great Muppet stuff there. I get most of my stuff there! I have gotten lots of cool cheap stuff at Goodwill.

Jake

P.S. Hey, aren't you the guy who is supposed to be on "Who Want's to be a Millionaire"? I never miss an episode of that show! And everytime I watch it I think "Isn't some guy from Muppet Central on here?" Do you know when it will be on?
Hey Jake.

Yeah, that's me. Right now it's scheduled for February 11th and 12th...but that's still subject to change.

I've been collecting Muppet stuff since...about 1990, I guess. Right after Jim Henson died, I started realizing how precious some of these characters were to me, and I started saving things that people gave me. I didn't really become a hard-core collector until about 1995-96 though, when I discovered the beauty and addicitivity of the Internet.

Something I've discovered with collecting though is that it can really get out of hand, and sometimes it helps to focus on either one thing (like The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, or Fraggle Rock...) or even one character (some people ONLY collect Gonzo or Rowlf or something...) or one type of object, like PVC toys, mugs, stuffed animals, etc. If you're feeling overwhelmed, I suggest doing that.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife and I have been collecting Muppet stuff since we were both children. Since I have always loved Kermit and Cindy has always loved Piggy, it makes for a neat collection that we can share together.

Originally we tried to keep many of the Muppet things in one room, but the collectibles are growing throughout our house.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Those things sort of tend to take over, eh? One day you just have one Rubber Duckie, the next there are Rubber Duckies in your bathroom and you're left without a pot to.... never mind.

Or 700 Fisher Price Little People...

It doesn't help to have a little case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

At least we have women who love us!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Thats great Quinn. I'll be sure to watch it! ( I do anyway! LOL)
Was Meredith nice? She seems like a really nice person.

Jake