How big is Your Muppet Collection?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Meredith was VERY nice, although the only time I got to see her was the 45 minutes or so I got to spend with her on stage. She was really very lovely. You can see a few more wrinkles in person, but she was very nice, funny, and smart. And I think she loved Rubber Duckie.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

beaker

Reaction score
My collection...even though I have been consciously/actively collecting since I was 3, is very minimalist these days.

I am now more into the latest merchandise, the more hipper the better. Anything with that new Muppets logo, or imported from Germany.

It's strange to admit how long I have been obsessing over Muppet collectibles...even before Star Wars and Transformers I was actively seeking TMS and Sesame stuff.

I can recall the first Muppet stuff I got...an Ernie finger puppet and a Fozzie and Kermit corgi car when I was 3. Been avidly trying to find the rarest of the rare since...thank goodness for good ol ebay!(on it for 4.5 years strong!)
There is no doubting, 1998 was a new revolution for my Muppet collecting habits...between Muppet Central's forum, ebay, and
the ability to travel more it was definately a new day.

At any rate, this year folks...Im telling you. THIS YEAR will be thee biggest Muppet swag year EVER! So yeah, get that shelf space and green paper ready! ^_^

Originally posted by Gonzo

It doesn't help to have a little case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

At least we have women who love us!

Gah, not me...poo. You married people are so lucky! hehe
But hey, we should start a Muppet fans with OCD forum...
then we can post...then we can post....then we can post...then we can post...then we can post...(only need to type this 57 more times otherwise the earth will be hurled into the deep chasm of entropy) :wink:

*so glad I got over most of my OCD's...except for the one where I have to defend myself in posts* ^_^

Joggy

Reaction score
My collection is pretty big... also because there's a lot of Sesame Street stuff in there. I'd love to focus on a few things and leave SS, but I just can't throw em out...

The most impressive is my figures collection. Europe is the continent of PVC's (Comics Spain, Bully, Schleich, etc...). My doll collection is increasing as well, with all those cool Igel dolls.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I don't have very much Sesame Stuff. I try to stay with The Muppets and Fraggle Rock, and thats about it. I still have a few SS stuff however. I have some Oscar and Cookie stuff, but NO Elmo!!!!! I DO NOT collect Elmo. I have an Elmo sweater, and that's it! I mean, Elmo is a Muppet, but he's not my favorite. I have mostly Kermit Stuff. I'm trying to get more into Piggy and Gonzo, because I've got too many Kermit's. I'm not getting the Palisades Kermit until I've got Piggy. Oh well, But my biggest dream, is going to the Goodwill or a thrift store, and Finding a Fraggle Rock plush!

Jake

Joggy

Reaction score
For those who are interested here's kinda like what my room looks like...

First of all, posters EVERYWHERE. Mostly from the Miss Piggy poster book. Nowadays I wouldn't dare to tear them out of the book, but I was just a stupid collector back in the days.

I have two large wooden cupboards with shelfs, where all my Muppet dolls are. Most of them are Igel, Fisher Price and Applause. I also have my Jen and Kira posable figures, Hoobs dolls and a few Bear dolls there, and a small Muppet Babies collection. Two of these shelfs are for smaller Muppet books and official video/DVD releases. (My TV video collection is in another room and it's pretty big. Must be about 150 tapes now, and thanks to Yorin channel it's still growing!) And there's some boxes and games and puzzles, along with a TMS shadow theatre from 1976.

Then there's a small black cupboard with my Palisades figures, and the bigger Muppet books like Of Muppets and Men, The Works, SS Unpaved and No Strings Attached. On top of this cupboard is my Chess Set, a Belgian Muppet movie poster in a frame, and a photo of me and the late Sesamstraat actor Lex Goudsmit. There's some more games and puzzles underneath.

The Muppet Temple is my biggest pride. It's a large red closet with doors. When you open it, tons of smaller Muppet merchandize stares at you. Litterally hundreds of PVCs (Muppets, Muppet Babies, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Bear, Dinosaurs), fast food toys, Sigma and other porcelain, audio material, my not so big Fraggle collection (mostly PVC's, couple of dolls and a Doozer from Pedigree, a few books and the Board Game) and more random smaller Muppet things.

Last but not least there's a low cupboard for my SS stuff. A few dolls and beanies, games, children's books and small merchandize.

And then there's a bunch of stuff that has no real home, it just sortta goes everywhere in my room. The only Muppet things I don't have in my bedroom are the Stage Door poster (it's so big it only fits next to my bedroom door in the hallway) and my T-shirts which are hanging in my clothes closet.

So, that's about my collection...