1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

How CAN You Get to Sesame Street Anymore?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by D'Snowth, Jan 17, 2011.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This is sort of a spin-off of the "Noticable changes to the set" thread.

In the old days of the show (pre Season 30), each end of the street had a backdrop flats that depicted a continuation of a city street, thus making Sesame Street seem longer than it actually is. I'm sure that if that were actuality, then there would be several different ways to get to Sesame Street.

Since Season 30, however, this hasn't been the case: one end of the street is blocked by the subway station, and rare shots show that next to the subway is a flat of other store fronts, making the street like a dead-end, while the other end is blocked by an aging brick wall, and also in rare shots, that wall is boarded by a long wooden fence... which would make the street like an isolated private community or something. One would still be able to get to Sesame Street via the subway, but how else could anyone get there with a brick wall and a long fence in the middle of the road? How have buses and Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy and whatnot gotten in and out of the street?
  2. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

LOL, maybe that's why Kermit was so annoyed at missing his stop in that subway song. :)

Maybe it's a government experiment to see if isolating a community will speed up evolution?
  3. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Heck, i'm still trying to figure out the answer to Bert's question from seven years ago: "How do I get out of Elmo's World?"
    Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  4. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

LOL!
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

EGAD! You gave me a scare. I thought some local PBS market stopped running Sesame Street.

Eh... gentrification is to blame, I guess?
  6. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Kudos to you, D'Snowth --- you know the geography of Sesame Street!:wisdom:

Let's see...perhaps there's a hidden door in the white fence somewhere? They couldn't possibly want to keep people out of such a friendly community, unless, of course, they feared birdseed-stealing burglars.

...but who would steal from a Muppet?
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Lol, well I have had to study it for obvious reasons. :super:
  8. This has driven me crazy for a long time. They still have the backdrops at the nest-side of the street. However when the shot was showing it (like in this picture) [​IMG] they blocked the bottom with miscellaneous fences and brick walls. It almost seems like Sesame Street is sort of a cul-de-sac/ turnaround-type thing, seeing as it is literally just a curved street with buildings blocking both ends.