How did Richard Hunt get AIDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's alright, I'm just glad that we where able to help you with you questions. Yes this is a "Tochy" subject, and should be handled with care. Let's remebere though that Muppetfan is still a younger member to the froums. He may not have been in some of the heated disscutions we have had in the past, so lets try to be a little sensitive to him as well.

I'm sure Richard and his family knew that with being a cleberty of sorts that his life would be looked at by fans. No mater how hard they may or may not have tried to hide it, it was going to come out some way. (It always does with Celbertaies)
The thing that we must remember is that regardless of Richard's lifestyle he was a great Muppeter, and he added so much to the Muppets. The work he did on Fraggle Rock was just wonderful, and lets not forget all the funny and wonderful things he did on Sesame Street. The point I'm trying to make is lets not remember Richard for what his lifestyle was but who who he was for the Muppets, A great person with a lot of heart and passion.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I completely agree with you. I wasn't trying to make any kind of speculation or rumors, I was just expressing myself as to, what I had heard in the postcast, that's all.

I sincerley apologize for bring this up, I was just curious as to how he got AIDS.

Case Closed
It's okay; we understand that you were just curious. But it's like we said, whenever the topic comes up we try to sidestep it, out of respect for Richard and his family.

zns

Reaction score
It's very easy to let our curiosity get the best of us from time to time. But more importantly, we all love Richard and the characters that he performed with the Muppets. So in closing, here's to you Mr. Hunt. :wink::flirt::eek:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't see this as a touchy issue, but rather one of unimportance. I am a gay person, artist, Muppet fan as well as a graphic designer here at Muppet Central. I have plenty of friends living with this disease and others who have passed away.

In my perspective it is important to celebrate how someone lived, to focus on what they chose to share and be thankful for the joy that person brought the world.

Richard Hunt gave us so much entertainment and remained dignified even in over-sized Sweetums feet. I miss his spark in new projects and cherish his classic Muppet moments. :wink: :eek: :flirt:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
And it's a miracle that he didn't fall flat on his face while wearing those over-sized Sweetums feet; I know I would have.

It's true; the Muppets lost a certain something when Richard passed away. But even though it'll be 17 years this January, he's still able to make people laugh and smile. That really says something about a person, if he or she is able to have that effect on people even after death.

I imagine that Richard, and so many others, would prefer to be described not as AIDS victims or patients first and foremost, but rather as people who happened to have AIDS - their medical history shouldn't be their defining trait. In Richard's case, he was a Muppet performer and director who also happened to have AIDS...and from the looks of things he put up a brave fight, working on new projects almost right up until the end.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In my perspective it is important to celebrate how someone lived, to focus on what they chose to share and be thankful for the joy that person brought the world.
It's true; the Muppets lost a certain something when Richard passed away. But even though it'll be 17 years this January, he's still able to make people laugh and smile. That really says something about a person, if he or she is able to have that effect on people even after death.
Great sentiments, guys!

And muppetfan89, that's great that you have so many memories of Richard's Muppet work. It's a great legacy. :smile:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I give any mod to delete this if its taken the wrong way.

I'm curiouse as to whether or not people are ignoring the fact that Richard Hunt was gay. As if they're trying to say he was JUST a muppet's performer... and not a person because he was gay.

I don't think that (in these times) he would be afride to tell the world. No one should be. And i applaud Frogboy4 for his courage that he can say it openly without anyone fearing him or being rude to him.

As i said... i dont want this to blow up... its my way of making a long point that we should remember him as a person too... not just a performer.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i dont want to sound rude about this but being gay and being a Muppeter have nothing to do with one another i don't think.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Well i dont want to sound rude about this but being gay and being a Muppeter have nothing to do with one another i don't think.
I agree. That was his lifestyle, and being a Muppeteer was his career. Those are two totally different things.

I believe you can have any lifestyle you want, as long you don't hurt anyone. Richard was a gentleman and had no other intention than to make his audience smile. I know, his characters always made me smile, and still do. As I watch anything he was involved in, I feel his spirit, as well as Jim's in my heart. That's what everyone should remember him for, as a great man, and performer, his lifestyle was his choice, and nothing that should stop us from loving him...:wink::flirt::eek:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Very well spoken Dwayne1115 and muppetfan89, I agree whole-heartedly. To CoOKiE, I don't think anyone is side steping that fact, but in the long run of what this site is about, its probably not a matter of much inportance of what his, or anyone elses lifestlyles are. Kind of like what muppetfan89 said, you can be anything you want to be, as long as you don't hurt others. I also have very good memories of Richard's various chacaters, and they always make me laugh. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.