How did you get to Sesame Street?

ceecee

Reaction score
Hey all,

Maybe this has been discussed before, but since I'm pretty new around here, I don't know. But I'm wondering how you watched Sesame Street when you were a kid.

Did you watch at a certain time everyday? Did you watch with any certain people? Were there any rituals you followed?

Here's my story: My mom was a daycare provider at our house, so I got to watch with lots of kids. We'd all sit in a row about 2 feet from the tv. We'd always watch it at 8 am. Everybody's favorite part was the baker falling down the stairs. By the time it was over, all the kids had arrived, and we went downstairs to the playroom.

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

Klonoa

Reaction score
SS always came on around the time my mom was making dinner when I was little. She kind of ran a home day care service back then. Kids from the neighborhood would stay with us during the day while parents worked. So at 5:00 we'd all watch Sesame Street (this was back in the late 70's). When Oscar came on I'd run and get a paper plate and put it on my head like a trash can lid, and when Super Grover came on, my best friend would run to the bathroom and get a towel and put it around his neck like a cape. You can probably guess who our favorite characters were. :smile:

--Klonoa

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
ceecee said:
Maybe this has been discussed before, but since I'm pretty new around here, I don't know. But I'm wondering how you watched Sesame Street when you were a kid.

Did you watch at a certain time everyday? Did you watch with any certain people? Were there any rituals you followed?
Fun topic. I used to watch Sesame every day around noon and then would follow that with Mr. Rogers and Reading Rainbow. My siblings and neighbor would usually watch it too and then my mom would make us all "muffin tin" lunches (don't ask...lol). After lunch, we'd often break out the old Fisher Price Sesame Clubhouse playset and continue the fun.

Ryan

Reaction score
How did I get to Sesame Street?

I made a left on Elm and kept walkin'...

camillachick

Reaction score
I watched in the morning either around 8am or 11am. There was a Canadian channel that always had news on at noon and it began with a spinning clock with notches in place of the numbers. I think I watched Canadian Sesame about half the time. An hour from the border, we got CBC on channel 6. All that other good stuff was on CBC like Fred Penner and Mr Dressup, but I digress. Some time later I was too old to watch Sesame and only saw it "by accident" when it was on for my sister. Now my boyfriend watches the half without Elmo at 10:30am while I am at work.