1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

How do I get a job as a Muppeteer?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 26, 2004.

1. I agree with the folks who suggest to start your own puppet troupe. I finally got my act together in 2010 and started to perform in public. Last year I perform my original puppet show all over Cincinnati with puppets I created, singing songs I wrote, in a stage that I built. No, it's not working for Henson/Disney.... it's better! It's MY imagination making children laugh and sing! There is nothing that can compare.
    Sure, I still have a day job to feed my family, health insurance, pay the mortgage, etc. But my puppets are getting me on television, radio, and paying my way to the 2013 National Puppetry Festival this summer!
    I am sure there are new puppeteers who have brilliant characters, jokes, songs, skits to tell. Let's see 'em! YOU are the next superstar puppeteer!
    Puppets ROCK! :)

Buck-Beaver, Rymoore21 and Twitch92 like this.
  2. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

Ok This is a little off topic but I have a teacher who needs to stop teaching and go work for the henson company because he has so many puppets in that dang classroom of his ITS JUST PLAIN WEIRD
    :)

3. misspiggy5260

I wish I could come see it because I live just like 40 minutes from Cincinnati
    :)

4. misspiggy5260

You only spelt contact wrong! You did good!

5. Rugby

Rugby Member

I used to have this dream, but realized I'd have a better chance at becoming a professional baseball player. The current gang of muppeteers will have those jobs locked up for many years to come. A very very exclusive group.

edit: I realized I just posted to a thread that I posted in almost 10 years ago. Wow, how time flies!!!

6. SweetPiggy

SweetPiggy Member

Days go passing into years. :fanatic:

Years go passing day by day. :boo: :sleep:

LaRanaRene likes this.
  7. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Can someone notify me whenever the Muppeteers have their next audition for puppeteers? I'd like to know. Thanks, in advance.

8. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Well-Known Member

I have always considered The Jim Henson Company and Sesame Workshop to be the big leagues of puppetry! Heck, I'm willing to do what it takes to be apart of that! Most of the inspiration for my puppetry and My own characters came from the Works of Jim Henson! The Puppeteers who inspire me today include Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Steve Whitmire, and John Tartarglia!

9. fozzieisfunny

While I have not built any puppets, I still practice puppeteering at home either with my hand or one of my FAO Schwarz Muppet puppets. After about 2 or 3 years worth of practice, I consider myself to be better than I was before. In fact, I think I might even be able to have a shot right-handing in a Muppet production!

10. ChickyBoy37

I can understand that! Every single day I would practice, whether it's lip-syncing every word or improving it's movement I always feel that I'm improving each time!

11. fozzieisfunny

I lip-synch every single word I say, and I have improved so much!

12. Sorry for the delayed reply. Thank you for your interest :) We are starting to book for 2015, and may be coming to your town! Give our Facebook page a LIKE for all Wump Mucket Puppets news: www.facebook.com/wumpmucketpuppets

Buck-Beaver likes this.
  13. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I live in Britain and I lot of the assistant puppeteers on mmw were from the UK and one of the best places to look is the jim Henson company as they do puppeteer adutions for there projects:sympathy:

14. ChickyBoy37

I would love to start my own Troupe

BlakeConor14 likes this.