How do we stop this madness

Imawitchusay

Reaction score
This ebay user

nygrenjw

Link to seller

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnygrenjwQQhtZ-1

Sells crap and says they are movie Props. He puts a new "Labyrinth" Prop up every week. And if you view his other auctions he is getting hundreds of dollars from poor peaople who dont know better. I feel just awful that these winning bidders are getting ripped off. It looks as though he buys things at the goodwill and places them as PROPS. He claims to have movie props from all filming locations, UK, US, etc. ANd many dif. Studios, Disney, Warner, etc. That would never happen! How do we shut him down!! Ebay admin wont do anything I have emailed them!!! WHAT CAN BE DONE???

frogman

Reaction score
ERRG- I know! I was actually tracking this guy closely for a while b/c I was interested in some of the props, and then I realized that he wasn't providing any provenance for the items (no source or proof of its origin) besides "my friend works in the biz and he got this x years ago." It may well be 100% true, and it might be total fluff. As a member of ebay for many years now, I have learned to be a bit cautious when it comes to stuff like this.
The truth is, people just have to learn for themselves. If it makes them happy to have a possible fake artifact, great! You're right- the items are always non-descript, non-movie-specific items like a lamp, door handle, etc. that could be bought at a corner scrap store. I guess Caveat Emptor is the order of the day.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Yes, I know this crap seller.
All of his "props" are fakes!