How Do you make your Finger Tubes?

renegade

Reaction score
What kinda of material do you use ?
I've seen toilet paper tubes and elastic

Pictures tell more then a 1000 words
Thanks for all your help gang

I think what were doing here is really special and keepin this art alive!

Be sure to check out my blog

Jinx

Reaction score
I have used The Foam Book's technique of using polyfoam glued into tubes, and glued to the mouthplate, then covered with fabric.

Often though I won't use tubes but instead make a "finger pocket" that all my fingers go into. This can be especially helpful if the puppet might be used by a "leftie".

Another of my puppets uses a jersey work glove glued to the mouthplate. It takes a few seconds to put him on, but once he's on his responsiveness is lighning-quick!

Like so many things in puppetry, there are no "approved" ways. At the end of the day, it's whatever works for you!

renegade

Reaction score
Thanks so much

It's really great to here what other people are tryin
And I really dig the glove glued to the mouth plate idea !
the more ideas and sharing really helps out thanks

be sure to check out my blog

pjpiperhop

Reaction score
When I make finger tubes, I usually do it using the method outlined in the Foam Book.
I size ½ inch foam so that it wraps around my finger and glut the ends together with contact cement.
Probably the most important part is in securing the tubes to the mouth plate and reinforcing it with material around the tubes.

whatadoddle

Reaction score
I use elastic sewed onto fabric then glued onto my mouthplate. However this is only good if it is a rigid plate, for flexible ones I use a "pocket", as I am a "leftie" and the friend I work with is not! The glove is an interesting idea, though only can be used one-handed.