1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

How does Elmo do his "thinking" face?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by FunnyBear, Jan 28, 2017.

1. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

The question is in the thread, but if you don't know what I mean by "thinking face", I mean the position his eyes get into when Elmo becomes confused or thinks.
    Some examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The way it works is Elmo's puppeteer, Ryan Dillon, pulls on a little wooden bar inside Elmo's head that the eyes are connected to.

3. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Thanks! I always assumed it was the way the puppeteers hand was angled, similar to Kermit's head.

4. cathicks

cathicks New Member

I thought it was a fabric finger loop inside the skull? Or at least that's the way Kevin Clash did it.

5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

In Kevin's interview with the Archive of American Television, he said there's a wooden bar that the eyes are connected to.