How does the flocking get applied to Miss Piggy?

Melonpool

Reaction score
Or... for $6 you can just buy it. The thing I like about the one that they have there is that it actually blows the flocking out. I think that's the key to it. If you just dumped it on like you would from a salt shaker, I think it would just lie flat.

The only thing I'm worried about is finding a glue that will remain flexible after it's on the puppet. I'd hate to get this all done only to find that the puppet has become ROCK HARD in the process.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I would think you could -- you just have to find a glue that stays flexible and will stick to polyfoam. i think a lot of this is just one of us trying it and seeing if it works. I think if someone wanted to forego the electrostatic machine, they could do experiments for about $20. Maybe someone at one of the flocking sites can help with info on glues/materials to use.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
It is the same process to flock a puppet or foam. You can also use Electrostatic flockers but the process is more expensive and harder to execute. Muppets are done by Electrostatic. I have links to the flocker shown in the video above on my Puppet Builders Directory under Glues/Tape:
http://puppeteersunite.com/?page_id=1059

charlie bird

Reaction score
Hey ,
Thanks, but does anyone know if they have fluorescent colors?
I am planing on making a blue Alian....I have a verry odd desighn for it,and I just couldn't resist making it a puppet.I'll be on the look out to find if some websight does sell flourescent flocking....hmmmm

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Go to the link I provided and under Glues/Tape is a link called Suede Tex Flock- they have a couple of bright colours that may work under Florescent lighting- I recommend contacting them at the store and ask.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Thank you for all the info, everyone. It is greatly appreciated. Although, I wish I could build puppets myself...I just don't have that type of talent. I might be flocking a miss piggy doll to make her look more like the puppet.

muppetguy

Reaction score
TheCreatureWork, I checked those 2 links out in your post and couldn't find anything. Also, can you re flock an already flocked puppet (go over the existing flocking)?

muppetguy

Reaction score
Thank you for those links, Charlie bird, they both work!