How I Spent My Summer Vacation (A Muppet Fic)

Slackbot

Reaction score
*chuckles. Nice work. I really like what you did in this fic. Sweetums at college was a fun idea. I can just see him taking notes, carefully holding a pencil that is the size of a toothpick in his massive fingers. Nice wrap-up. I imagined it as an end-od-summer party, with the camera wandering around and catching little bits and snatches of conversation.

Welcome to the Finished Fics club! May there be many more.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I wanted to go for that sort of feeling for the last chapter, sort of like a closing credits to a movie or something, with the music playing and the camera panning around, lingering on the ever-silent Lips for the last shot, hahaha.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
And your dialogue there was so spot-on I could identify EVERY character without dialogue tags! LOL Well done!!

Lowly Worm as Trotsky?? Then who's Lenin? The cat? And where does Che fit in??

------------------

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm not versed enough in Scarry critique to figure out all the matches, but look out for Sweetums' thesis A Post-Modern Critique in Busytown's Economy: How The Worm Can Rise out of the Apple.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
OMG Charlie what a great ending! And THANK YOU! I've been trying to learn the name of the band who does this song, cause I happen to enjoy it, and I had no idea it was War. Another reason to like them.

Definitely a great first foray! I'll look for more of your stuff!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm glad I could help you with your song search, hahaha! That's definitely one of their best songs.

Thanks for reading!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Lovely work, dear. You did a very nice ensemble piece, which is where the muppets really shine. And yes--welcome to the Finished Fics Club. We meet every other whenever and whine incessantly about the fics we haven't finished....

Sorry I missed the actual party, but I sure am glad I didn't miss the actual story. Bravo, sweetie.