How is just "Sesame" enough to know one means Sesame Street?

salemfan

Reaction score
I've heard people, when referring to Sesame Street in conversation, just say, "Sesame" as in, "Sesame books", "Sesame toys", "Sesame Live", etc. How is the adjective "Sesame" enough for the listener to know that the speaker means Sesame Street?

BEAR

Reaction score
I think he means that in conversation people abreviate "Sesame Street" by saying just "Sesame".

sesameguy

Reaction score
I agree that you would probably want to say "Sesame Street" to somebody on the first reference, just to be sure they knew what you were talking about. Later on, you could say "Sesame" after they understood what you meant.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've heard people say that before. I know what they mean, but I always say Sesame Street, thought. I have a teacher once who could remember the name of family Matters, so she just called it Urkel. But I've heard a lot of people say that before.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I think he means that in conversation people abreviate "Sesame Street" by saying just "Sesame".
NEVER HEARD ANYONRE TO THAT BEFORE.

Oh gee I accidently hit the CAPS button.

Sorry about that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've heard people, when referring to Sesame Street in conversation, just say, "Sesame" as in, "Sesame books", "Sesame toys", "Sesame Live", etc. How is the adjective "Sesame" enough for the listener to know that the speaker means Sesame Street?
Well, be thankful at least people aren't completely abbreviating it like they do with all the other Muppet movies and shows... now THAT can be confusing!

salemfan

Reaction score
I agree that you would probably want to say "Sesame Street" to somebody on the first reference, just to be sure they knew what you were talking about. Later on, you could say "Sesame" after they understood what you meant.
Well, to anybody who pays attention to children's shows, Sesame Street is so famous and no other kids show has the name Sesame in it, so it's obvious to most people with small children what one means by, "Sesame."

Beauregard

Reaction score
In writing I tend to put "SS Books" "SS t-shirts" "SS rare collectable cards" etc. Thought I would usually say Sesame and Street in real life.

BEAR

Reaction score
In writing I tend to put "SS Books" "SS t-shirts" "SS rare collectable cards" etc. Thought I would usually say Sesame and Street in real life.
Do you actually have a "real life"?:wink: