How many TMS guests have you seen live?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Okay, here goes...

Lena Horne, Joel Grey, Harvey Korman, Avery Schrieber, Phyllis Diller, Rita Moreno, Connie Stevens, Florence Henderson, Sandy Duncan, Jim Nabors, Paul Williams, Ruth Buzzi, Steve Martin, Bob Hope, Zero Mostel, Julie Andrews, Bernadette Peters, John Cleese, Dom Deluise, Edgar Bergen (and Charlie McCarthy), George Burns, Rich Little, Milton Berle, Don Knotts, Pearl Bailey, Leslie Uggams, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Lesley Ann Warren, Helen Reddy, Mark Hamill, Dudley Moore, Jonathan Winters, Carol Channing, Dyan Cannon, Wally Boag, Loretta Swit, Marty Feldman, Buddy Rich, Tony Randall, Senor Wences, Brooke Shields and Carol Burnett.

There may have been a few others, but if I wasn't sure, I left them off.

Whew! Now, if I were to list where I saw them, it would take another three pages!

:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. I will say that I saw Edgar Bergen and Charlie on the set of "The Muppet Movie".

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Guess which two people I'm jealous of. Now, can you two tell me under what circumstances you saw these people in person, and if you actually MET any of them face to face (it would seem that Kimp has). Also, what anecdotes do you have about meeting any of these folks? Share! Share!

I have a Dom DeLuise anecdote. It was my first solo driving trip after getting my license. I went on a 45-minute drive to a place I'd never been, alone (my best friend was going to come but at the last minute couldn't make it), with only maps to guide me. I made a wrong turn off a detour, almost got into two scrapes from failing to check my blind spot, and then couldn't find the place when I was within the same block (Sterling Heights mall). Dom did a cooking demonstration and hawked his new cookbook.

When it came my time to meet him, I told him that it was an extreme honor to meet him, and he said "aren't you nice?" (not sarcastic). I made him laugh a couple of times- first with "I'll never be able to watch your episode of The Muppet Show in the same way again", and as I was leaving, I said "Tell Mel Brooks to get cracking on History of the World, Part Two... or Spaceballs 3: The Search for 2", and he laughed and called out "I like the way you think!" He asked what I wanted to do and I told him show business, and he said "Well I think you'll make it". Probably just being nice, but no less appreciated for what it was.

Also, I gotta say, the guy is MASSIVE, which made me feel more intimidated when it came my turn to get my picture taken with him. I still have the two pics and three autographs. The sun was shifting so in both pictures there's a big spot of light on my shirt.

Add Elton John to my list, I saw him in concert back in late April at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Oh and Mrs. Pepper, it was me who saw "Wicked"- it was late last April, when the choir I was in went on a trip to NY to sing at Carnegie Hall.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole