How much are you paying for gas?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, trouble continues in the Middle East, and we end up paying for it at the pump. But let me take you in the Wayback Machine to when things were really tough...

In 1979 (I was only eleven, but depended on my parents to do the driving) gas was the outrageous price of $1.25 a gallon (Say it ain't so!!!). But there was a severe shortage and they had to resort to rationing. Here's how it worked:

Your license plate (in New Jersey, anyway) ended with an even or odd number. If it was an even number, you can get gas on an even day. Odd number, odd day. When you got to the gas station, you can expect to see twenty to thirty cars ahead of you. (Hope you're not in a hurry, this is gonna take a while!)

All the time you (or your parents) are in line, you're hoping and praying they'll still have gas by the time you finally get to the pump. If they run out, you either have to go to another gas station and wait on another line, or wait until your next even/odd day and go through this hassle all over again.
See?!!! You kids today don't know how good you have it!!!:smile:

So how much are you shelling out for gas these days? Near my house, there's a Raceway station in Denville, New Jersey, still holding on at $3.49. And that's a steal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Presently in East TN: $3.69 for low-grade/regular unleaded. Earlier in the year, however, it DID get below $3.00 again, but only for a very short time.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
last time I was out and payed attention to prices it was over 3.60

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Sheesh, you all are getting off pretty cheap. Here the lowest is around $4.40. :mad:
last time I was out and paid attention to prices it was over 3.60
Lol, wow. I wish I didn't have to "pay attention" to gas prices! :wink: (just playin, I only look when I gotta fill-er-up. :big_grin: )

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Here in the Baltimore-Washington area, it's $3.91 and above.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Last time I checked, gas was $1.12, but that was per litre, not gallon. :stick_out_tongue: