1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

How to attach a mouthplate to the puppet?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by FunnyBear, Jun 1, 2017.

1. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

I've been in the process of building a Kermit the Frog replica and I have the head constructed, along with the mouthplate itself. But I don't exactly know how to sew the mouthplate onto the puppet. I'd really like the help as I'd like to have it for next week.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

It doesn't necessarily have to be sewed on. Glue gunning is an alternative.

3. Mavway02

Mavway02 New Member

Are you trying to attach the hard mouthplate, or the soft (often felt) mouthplate?

4. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

I'm trying to attach the soft felt mouthplate. i figure I'd use contact cement to attach the gasket rubber mouthplate to the felt.