How to audition for Sesame Street in another country

fishbone

Reaction score
i'm wondering what one would have to do to audition for sesame st. in a diff country? :confused:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you are asking specifically related to puppeteer auditions vs. cast auditions.

Are you wanting to know how would YOU audition to be considered as a puppeteer or how would someone from another country try to get on the show? More than likely, each co-production seeks out veteran puppeteers in their country to fit their particular needs and vision for the particular co-production.

fishbone

Reaction score
yes me...ohhhh..yeah i geuss that makes sense...thanks man... :frown:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think it varies. In Canada they mostly hired puppeteers who were veterans of "Fraggle Rock." In other countries it seems like they have hired local puppeteers with little or no experience and then had them trained.

In either case I think they usually only hire locals. Because American media is so popular and influential most countries outside of the U.S. use laws or regulations to help ensure that only citizens of their country get hired for most TV programs unless the person is a big star, or an esthablished talent.