How to let Frank feel more involved

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok i have been doing alot and i mean alot of research into this. I have watched videos read interviwes and lots of other writtings. About Jim and Frank's Relationship, and about why Frank is not more involved now with the muppets.
Jim and Frank were the best of friends they worked alot of long hours, and had a great passion for what they were doing. They to me had the same mind for what they wanted to see out of there work, which was high quality and to make people happy. Frank started working with Jim when he was 17, and worked with him untill Jim died in 1990 that is alot of years. When Jim died yes i think it was a very sad time in Franks life, i know how it is to loose your best friend. Then things at JHC where not going right i mean lets face it if you really look back can you think of anything totaly wonderfull coming frome the muppets after 1990.
So i bet your saying yea Dwayne we know Frank went on to Directing and kind of left the muppets to a second thing.
That maybe true but have you thought that when he has said some not to nice things about the way that the muppets were going that some people at JHC should have heard what he said. Frank was with the muppets when they frist started on the Ed sullivan show and was Jim's best friend he is the one that needed to be heard. he probly had in mind the same things Jim did for the muppets and JHC.
So what i am trying to say is Frank could and can even now save the muppets and JHC, if given the chance. He is the one who knows what Jim wanted Jim could trust Frank and he probly told him things he would not even tell his family If there is anyone who knows more about this please tell me but i think they need to talk to Frank and see what his goals for the muppets and JHC are. they might be what Jim would have wanted to.
Dont get me wrong im very glad the Hensons bought back the compony,but they need help and i bet if they ask Frank will help .
So lets hear what you all think on this i want to see if you think im right or if im really off on this one. :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok i found some more info that is really insightfull. In 2000 Frank said in an interview that he wanted to DIRECT the next MUPPET MOVIE. Is anyone hearing this. He also said there were things that were not very pleaseing going on at JHC and some like the creature shop going reall well.
Case in point this with waht i said earlyer the head People at henson should have and still hear Frank out, he didnt just come off the band waggon. anyone that has been with Jim from the begingnning should know alot on what should be going on with JHC and the muppets.

The more i learn the more i think hummm this is a good thought but is it to late
or could Frank really help the JHC and the Muppets. only time and the people at JHC should telll.

So i bet your thinking Ok Dwayne you might be right Frank is the one who could help the muppets, but would he make the time for it?

I think if the Henson children went to Frank face to face and asked for help that when he got free time he would gladly help the children of his best friend
And then things would start happining becaues Frank's name is now bigger then Brian Henson Frank is a great director, and has the expireance and conections that the JHC need.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Do you know what? I think you are SO right here. What we need, what JHC needs is Frank. It isn't CAN he help, the questian is WILL he? WOULD he if he was asked?

Frank if you are reading this, can you step in and save the Muppet's before it is too late?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We could ask Frank to step in all we want to, and you know he might really want to, but is he alowed to is the qustion. My mother Read the last part of what i wrote and she said i was right to and then she said somthing that just really made me start thinking. No one wants to rely on the older people they want people that are new and have an edge. Whe she said that i was like your right and that is what JHC has done. i think they have really ignored Frank when it comes to ideahs. I dont see why but thats the way things go . Then when i was thinking of that i thought the Muppet Show had a lot of veiwers more then Muppets Tonight, and i thought why here is what i came up with

1. The time that they came on was not a reall good time i mean TGIF is not that cool except for Boy Meets World.
2. It was to new and modern and to many new muppets the old saying if it is not broke dont fix it. Now the Muppet show was a little broken becaus of some of jim and Richerds muppets didnt have voices,but now they do

3. Cliford being the MC and Not Kermit

4 Not set in Muppet Theater:
This was the reall good thing about AVMMC they were in the theater
5. The muppets were not like they use to be like fozzie and kermit and piggy

That is just a few things i saw there could be more but i said all that to say this What JHC and the Muppets need is to "re-new" the muppet show.
New pigs in space new EM songs new gusts new jokes from the balcony and more monsters i miss all the big monsters they were cool and i think they could really use them more cause they really didnt have any set voices exept for sweetums.
I think that would be one thing Frank would do to get them back to being more popular caues look at the muppet projects on TV now.

Ummmm Farscape oh man is that it or is the brea in the big house still on or not thats what we need is to be on tv more and more and soon. becaus im scared that if they dont do somthing soon that we will lose all that they had .
But if they just get Frank more involved and do what he says things will do better.

rexcrk

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
i mean lets face it if you really look back can you think of anything totaly wonderfull coming frome the muppets after 1990.
Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppet Classic Theater, Muppet Sing-A-Longs It's Not Easy Bein' Green, etc. ...

:big_grin: Those are just a few of my favorite things after 1990, but I agree, the older Muppet stuff did have a certain charm to them that the later stuff doesn't have :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You know, one major thing is Jim was a film maker/puppeteer first and foremost. He was constantly pushing his projects out and making the. He'd think up a story idea, and and make it happen. I think right now they're still trying to sort things out. JHC hs tuirned from movie makers to a company.

I think wioth the downgrading of the JHC, we could be seeing this reversing back. In which case, we COULD very well be seeing more involvment from Frank in the years to come.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i hope your right i really do i think he is the one main player in game that could help us win. i also think your right and hope to see the muppets back on the little or big screen soon but only if it is good . i think AVMMC was one of the best things i have seen from the muppets since 1990. Now that just the way i think but who knows .,

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I really love Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets From Space (say what you want) (still haven't seen MCC), and also love Muppets Tonight. But, yeah, things have been different since 1990.

I do love IAVMMCM, too though.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Muppet Treasure Island was IMHO the best thing that has happened in JHC since 1990. It had class, style, funny scripting, good, nigh, great songs, good actors and the word DISNEY (known to all) scrawled on the front.
:eek:
However, this thread is not about MTI.
:eek:
Going back to Frank, I think that what you are saying is true.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow this is a reall eye opener. MTI has been spoke of in shuch a good way i need to see it agine. thays neat never thought it was so good but this brings it to beter light. im glad.

I have been e mailing JHC for the past 3 days and the next day i get a respons
This is cool i think we need to e mail them our opinins about the muppets and Frank maybe maybe notim not sure but they sure have got my emails and i thik if more people would email them we might get a god reply.