How to plan an event... or die trying - PT 2

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
An open Question to all things Muppetty and the people that support them.

Look, I missed MUPPETFEST - But I did make the the Puppets on the sound event last year and I had a great time. But I kind of feel cheated that I missed MUPPETFEST.
Kinda like a person who doesn't go to the prom and later feels like that there was a huge piece missing, but cant identify what that was.

My idea is to try and incorperate several events in a central location over a monthe leading to a long weekend super event. Issue is - I have lots of resources and potential sponsorship - but I have no idea who/how many
fans attended Muppetfest to build my business plan and comparison.

By Supporting the Jim Henson Legacy projects we could probbably get this done. So what I hear is all that has to be done is that someone wants to have this event and get some sponsors for the event.
But - Location is key - I live on the east coast - so I am Bias, and at the same time have the most logical solution.

SESAME PLACE

Since I go there almost every week with my son. That location is the best. It would need to be in the off season of course, because I am not sure yet what it would take to rent the entire facility
with all working attractions. But, when the park is slowest - Not all of the attractions are open, which leaves space for us and potential new recruits as well.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
How to plan - (CONT.)

Think About it

Same Movie and Q&A's (Elmo's World Theatre & Abby Caddaby's formerly Oscar's Gameshow stages for Movies and large Q&A's)
Meet and greets with both the Sesame Place/Vee characters and potentially any visiting muppet on the Street itself!

John Tartaglia
Bill Baretta
And
Brian Henson

Have worked at Sesame Place (Well, John's from the area)

Potential Puppet Up event later in the evening (ON THE EAST COAST!) or in the city of Philadelphia proper
Just the layout alone has so much potential.

Musem events could also be tied in - Philadelphia has a PLEASE TOUCH MUSEM - where Puppet Making and the JHL events can be held.
The Please Touch Musem is due to move to Fairmount Park soon. To a Huge venue.

Places to stay
Sesame Place is not directly in Philly - It's 35 minutes north off of 95.
Easy to get to - there are several branded hotels in the area, but to me the city is where it's at - and since you have so many park attendee's it could be bigger (noting that it is a private event) there could be other adult oriented events like Puppet up or individually sponsored.

I am probbably overstating the ease of this, but I know I could get a certain fortune 500 company and a specific venue to host select events. But I know trying to get this done will be very hard. Just want to know what kind of interest there is out there.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Blinky_Fish, I love you for creating this idea. This would rock so much, send this one to the JHL!

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Gonna

Yeah, I am going to formally try. Being extremly Optimistic about this. I will know more from backers soon. But I have yet to approach JHL.

Calling some friends in the Philadelphia events circut.:sing: