How to Spend a Muppety Day in Disney's Hollywood Studios

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Nope, Steve uses that signature whenever he signs as Kermit. That signature was made by Jim. I guess Steve learned how to make a perfect copy.

If you look at the date on the cement, you'll see it says 8/28/89. You know it was made by Jim, it was made by himself, Kermit's wasn't added later.
I'll remember seeing a picture of Jim signing it with Kermit, although, I can't seem to find it right now.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, Muppet Fan. Had no idea that fire engine was from MV3D (even though I saw MV3D 3x on my WDW vacation). I myself came from WDW about 3 weeks ago; I spent a week there with my family and went to all the parks. Next to Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios was definitely my favorite park; it never got overcrowded and had many of my favorite rides/ attractions. The Backlot Tour was cool, but I really wish it focused more on talking about the vehicles and props they have from movies; I hated the "Michael Bay Pearl Harbor FX" part, especially since the movie and its director stink. They almost never stop the tram so riders can get good pics of the vehicles:grr:.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, Muppet Fan. Had no idea that fire engine was from MV3D (even though I saw MV3D 3x on my WDW vacation). I myself came from WDW about 3 weeks ago; I spent a week there with my family and went to all the parks. Next to Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios was definitely my favorite park; it never got overcrowded and had many of my favorite rides/ attractions. The Backlot Tour was cool, but I really wish it focused more on talking about the vehicles and props they have from movies; I hated the "Michael Bay Pearl Harbor FX" part, especially since the movie and its director stink.
They almost never stop the tram so riders can get good pics of the vehicles:grr:.
I agree with you. I wish they would stop and let everyone off the tram. Your best bet might be going on the last tram ride of the day, and asking them if they can stop for pictures by a few vehicles. I'm sure they would do that.

Did you see all the other Muppet related stuff in the backlot? Including Beau's taxi, the clothes worn by Jason Segel and Amy Adams, and the truck?
On a side note, did you see the Roger Rabbit stuff? There's quite a lot if you know where to look.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I agree with you. I wish they would stop and let everyone off the tram. Your best bet might be going on the last tram ride of the day, and asking them if they can stop for pictures by a few vehicles. I'm sure they would do that.

Did you see all the other Muppet related stuff in the backlot? Including Beau's taxi, the clothes worn by Jason Segel and Amy Adams, and the truck?
On a side note, did you see the Roger Rabbit stuff? There's quite a lot if you know where to look.
I saw Beau's taxi, did not see Jason and Amy's clothes. Where is it? Maybe if they labeled it better I could have found it. But yes, I noticed a fair amount of Roger Rabbit stuff, such as the outside store made up to look like the Acme Factory in the film's climax, the Maroon Cartoon billboard, the Acme eyes, and the steamroller. Anything I may have missed? I'm a huge Roger Rabbit fan so I was keeping my eye out, but it seemed like most of the props weren't labeled so I had trouble finding them. They had some cool stuff in the Planet Hollywood store in the shopping district, such as a Gremlin from the film of the same name. I flipped when I saw the Snowspeeder and Skiff from Star Wars on the Backlot Tour. Maybe in the future they can have maps pointing out the locations of all the props and replicas scattered throughout the park, like a scavenger hunt.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It stinks that they don't always properly label the props there. It's basically just a big hallway with props inside.
Gary and Mary's clothing were on display in that tunnel, where they show you where they make the costumes for their movies, TV shows, and Park meet and greets. They change around the displays every few months, to showcase their latest live-action movie clothes. (Currently, there's probably clothes from Oz: The Great and Powerful and The Lone Ranger

There's a box of "Eye Balls" boxes seen in the warehouse scenes, right on the shelf above Beau's taxi. You can see it's from RR, since it has the famous Acme logo.
I didn't pick up on the Maroon Cartoon billboard. Where in the ride was that?
The store was modeled after that scene? That's weird, I didn't even realize that!

On the topic of Roger, there's a lot of secrets in the parks about that movie, including attractions that were meant to be built, but plans fell through.
If you walk the street to Tower of Terror, you'll see on he street tram tacks painted over and leading nowhere. That was the plans for a Toontown train or somewhat, but plans fell through And they just painted over it. Now all we have of it is tram tracks going nowhere.

Also, in DisneyLand,there's a Roger Rabbit dark-ride and Entire Toontown! I have to make sure to make it down there sometime soon.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Nope, Steve uses that signature whenever he signs as Kermit. That signature was made by Jim. I guess Steve learned how to make a perfect copy.

If you look at the date on the cement, you'll see it says 8/28/89. You know it was made by Jim, it was made by himself, Kermit's wasn't added later.
I'll remember seeing a picture of Jim signing it with Kermit, although, I can't seem to find it right now.
My friend recently went to Disney World and got to take pictures of Jim's hand prints for me. I told him this weekend to print them out for me when he got the chance :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Is Muppet Stuff still at Disney near Muppet Vision 3D? I haven't gone there since 1996. I heard rumor that the pre-show was going to get changed but I'm very happy it didn't. Though I heard Muppet Vision 3D got digitally remastered so I was just curious for any who compared, did the digital re mastery make a difference some how? Is it clearer or better 3D (if possible, I thought the 3D was as great as it can get, I went to see it 25 times at the 25th anniversary in one week. :smile: ) I'd love to go to Disney again and check out Muppet Vision 3D. I'd probably be there most of my vacation. :smile:

I just remembered, when I was there someone was selling Muppet style hand and rod puppets of the Genie from Aladdin. Anyone remember seeing that near the mid 1990s?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The store is still there, and still looks the same, of course, but not the entire store sells Muppet stuff. Only a third of the actual store sells Muppety things. The other half sells Phineas and Ferb items, (since they have a PnF meet-and-greet right right out the other side of the store) and the other sells miscallaneous Disney stuff. (Mostly nursery toys, since that's based in the Muppet Babies decorated side of the store.)

The digital remastering really looks great now! It looks really crystal clear up on screen now. If you would've gone two years ago, you would've been disappointed by the quality of the video.

Yeah, the pre-show was going to be updated, but Disney decided to drop that idea. I'm glad they did. The pre-show is the best part of the attraction! :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah, the pre-show was going to be updated, but Disney decided to drop that idea. I'm glad they did. The pre-show is the best part of the attraction! :smile:
Plus it was one of Richard Hunt's final performances as Scooter. I remember there was a clip from 1991 with Gonzo, Scooter and a Disney World host. I'm not sure if it was made for the TV in the parks or if it aired on The Disney Channel. It was really funny. They make an overweight joke on Miss Piggy (Scooter gets really enthusiastic about the punchline "I mean she takes up the whooooole house.") and talk about some of the attractions at well...when it was called Disney's MGM Studios. At one point the host talked about The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in some kind of dance show, Scooter looks up to the host and says "We're going to get you help, everything is going to be okay." I think that with the pre-show was Richard's final Scooter performances.