How to stand Kermit and Janice

Reaction score
Hello I was just wondering, how do you make Janice and Series 1 Kermit stand without there bases? The problem with my Kermit is he leans forward and falls flat on his face (I'd bend his legs but I'm worried I'd snap them off). Is there anyway to have him stand without him looking unnatural?
With Janice, her shoes don't support her well so she falls.

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
For the Janice personally I don't have either Janice standing with out a base, but using the smaller ones work well. you woul have to have her so balanced, and the slightest hit on the desk or shelf and I am sure she would go over.

Kermit, had a huge problem with the bending of the legs, it is a heat issue. So one try to keep this figure away from any heat source, lights, computers, etc, or if your house heats up alot, keep it in a more cool spot. Being I live in California that is alot easier said then done. But if you want to try to bend him back, have him close to something warm, like I said a light or something, then just behind him back, and use other things to prop him so when he cools he is closer to the spot you want. Sadly he will melt again if near a hot spot. Personally I am waiting for the backstage playset to prop him up alittle with the desk.

Gonzo's Goof.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm not sure how well this would work (since I have him displayed w/ the logo base) but you might try giving Kermit "pidgeon toes" which is how I have him on the stand (only 1 foot is on the peg though, lol)

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
The same thing happens with my Kermit, he always leans forward but I bent him back and he seems to be standing up properly now. Those 2 figures are sometimes hard to stand even with the base but If you dont want them with a base you could try some blue tack on the feet to stand them up.

Moran9969

Reaction score
All my hard to stand figures have stands...

Its no biggie to me...

But even with Series 1 Kermit, I found that he would slouch a bit...

My solution was to move his legs so that his toes were at an obtuse angle facing eachother...

He stands perfectly now...

caper

Reaction score
I cannot believe this... First they are easily broken and now they can't stand on their own.

I'm definitely have to buy 2 of each. I have most of the figs. but they are still in their boxes and I will open them when I get standard Rowlf, white Swedish Chef, Pops, and Lips.

But now i'll have to wait until I buy doubles of each muppet.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
caper said:
I cannot believe this... First they are easily broken and now they can't stand on their own.

I'm definitely have to buy 2 of each. I have most of the figs. but they are still in their boxes and I will open them when I get standard Rowlf, white Swedish Chef, Pops, and Lips.

But now i'll have to wait until I buy doubles of each muppet.
95% of them are fine and dandy....it's only a couple that are a little more delicate and only 4 out of every figure made that I can think of with problems standing on their own....

Gonzo'sTrumpet

Reaction score
Solution to Kermit's Bends

I have suggested this before but here it is again! This is what I do:
1. Put Kermit in very hot or boiling water.
2. Take him out after a few seconds.
3. Use your hands to adjust his legs so they will stand correctly.
4. Quickly put him in cold water, while holding him in the above position.
5. Put him in the freezer.
6. Wait about 5-10 minutes and take him out. Be careful!

This is only a temporary fix and after a while he will bend again, but thankfully you can do this over and over again and there is no damage to the figure! :smile: Good luck!