How will the characters grow over time

zoebell

Reaction score
if the muppets manage to stay relevant in pop culture after this, with more movies, shows and stuff- will they ever do anything drastic with the characters, like say, actually have kermit and piggy get married or something? or would that ruin what they are? i'm just wondering, because they say they want to have the characters continue to grow over time, so that they don't end up pale imitations and all. and now kermit completely says he and piggy are a couple- which is actually very different from how he used to deny for years and years. i'm just wondering

Hubert

Reaction score
I kinda doubt that they'd ever have Kermit and Piggy get married. I think one of the favorite things of many fans is their relationship, and I think that them getting married would ruin that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think one of the favorite things of many fans is their relationship, and I think that them getting married would ruin that.
At the same time, there are a lot of fans who consider them already married. ::raises hands:: Hehe

Not least because Piggy refers to Kermit as "hubby" during their 30 anniversary special. :wink:

Hubert

Reaction score
At the same time, there are a lot of fans who consider them already married. ::raises hands:: Hehe

Not least because Piggy refers to Kermit as "hubby" during their 30 anniversary special. :wink:
Still, even though some do, even that: are they married or not makes the whole thing even better!

Vincent L

Reaction score
If they're married, it'll end the (extremely long) running gag of Miss Piggy convincing Kermit to get married.

And if they had children, what will they be like? Figs and progs? Or the boys are frogs and the girls are pigs like in the The Muppet Christmas Carol?

Hayley B

Reaction score
And if they had children, what will they be like? Figs and progs? Or the boys are frogs and the girls are pigs like in the The Muppet Christmas Carol?
I wonder that too. I keep thinking it would be like when Donkey & Dragon from Shrek had babies. Have like mutant tadpole piglets. :eek:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Even if they do get married, I doubt it will ruin their relationship. There's always everyday married couple arguments, right? I mean, Miss Piggy is STILL Miss Piggy, and Kermit is STILL Kermit, Y'know what I mean?

And, as for the point of this thread, I think the characters will all devolop in a different direction depending on the way thy acted in "The Muppets". Also, their development will depend on their backround before "The Muppets" as well.
Like, Fozzie may eventually become more funny.
Miss Piggy might become more sensitive, but she will still get very mad.
Kermit.... will maintain his image, but while dealing with Miss Piggy a little more.
Gonzo might stick with Camilla a bit more, but I have a feeling that Muppet Studios is trying to reduce his character.
But this is basically where I stand on the subject.