"Hugging": rough ideas for a Sesame fanscript

ISNorden

Reaction score
I don't have a full plot, just a few Muppet scenes and a list of "filler" clips that would fit the theme. For now, I'm undecided whether this should imitate a video release or a "regular" episode complete with sponsors-of-the-day....

Central Muppet characters: Rosita (she loves to hug, based on the episodes I've seen with her in them); Oscar (who can't stand hugs--make that usually can't stand them)

Great site gag: Rosita stands waiting for a city bus to arrive; the bus drives through a large mud puddle, some of which splatters onto her. Oscar: "Hey, Rosita--maybe hugging you wouldn't be so bad!" :grouchy:

Clips to show (in no particular order):

"What Arms Can Do" (sung by Olivia in a day-care center)
"The Hug/Stop Game" (played by Grover and a live-action girl)
"I Think That It Is Wonderful" (includes Herry hugging his teddy bear!)
"Love" (a cartoon clip, includes arms hugging the word)
Prairie Dawn's Emotions Pageant (includes Bert's "That's Love")
"What is Love?" (Grover asks a child, who defines love as "hugs")
"Two Is My Favorite Number" (just for the 'awww!' factor)
"Go Ahead and Touch" (not sure of the official title, but it's a classic song with live-action shots of kids)

Any suggestions for a fuller plot, or comments on the clip list? Feel free to speak your minds, as long as it's constructive and polite.

P.S. I'm assuming that if this were a regular episode, it would have aired before "Elmo's World" was added to the format...and when two letters/one number was the rule.