I appreciate the support of you all

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
First let me say thank you to all those who I noticed have nominated me for the most thoughtful forum member in the Awards.

I certainly have always made it my aim to strive to be caring, considerate, helpful etc. to friends I've made here.

But I also have benefited from your thoughtfulness in return and I want to say this from my heart.

Some of you may well remember when I first joined a long time ago I had a few rant threads about fights and disagreements I had with my family, especially my mother, and you were all so concerned for me.

Well the stress of it all is still continuing in one sense. I have been living back at home for over three or four years now since leaving that single unit I had moved into to get away from the family. But this is what I still worry about.

Fact is I have a very slight case of cerebral palsy. There's nothing wrong with me physically by appearances though my co-ordination is hampered albeit so very tiny you can't notice it though I'm told you can see what's wrong when I try to run.

Anyway while cerebral palsy is not a mental condition in the strictest sense it can have a distressing effect upon your emotions. If I get the impression from how somebody speaks to me that they're picking on me for instance or if I make up my mind I want to do something and I'm prevented from carrying it out, especially with little or no reasons why given, then I get very upset and stressed out.

This has been the core of my quarrels with Mum and though some measure of reconciliation was ironically effected when she had her treatment for her cancer she still doesn't really understand how to deal with me. She says I need to just forget the past now it's over. Every time I've tried to ask her to sit down and calmly discuss our fights and how my condition was involved she just snaps and says I shouldn't use my condition as an excuse to justify how I behaved. She doesn't realize that a condition is not an excuse. It's something we need to understand and learn to deal with together. Furthermore things are not resolved as she thinks they are. Not talking properly about them is only making the hurt slowly fester. :frown:

This is one of the reasons why I'm not as active as I used to be. I try to find time to visit the boards but it gets away on me because of all my worries. I am finding help in my faith in God however.

And my sweet Muppet Baby Michelle is a source of comfort and joy to me and she's promised to back me up in trying to talk to mum again when she comes over from America to meet her next year. Thank you my Sweetie. :flirt:

Your friendship is comforting to me also fellow MCers. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Don't worry. I know things will work out well for me in the end. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No worries Marty, we're all behind ya here, 110%

:smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I'll be praying for you BBG. I hope you'll be able to work things out.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Bless you Gonzo's Hobbit. I know they'll work out in the end. :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
hi sweetheart , first of all thank you for your sweet messege in the thread i pray that things work out with your mom over time i know she will come to understand you . I look forward to meeting her and talking with her .

God bless you my bubble guy

This was a beatiful thread

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
God bless you too my special Muppet Baby.

Thank you so much.:flirt::flirt::flirt:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hey- just wanted to say that I've prayed for you too. Trust God will bring reconciliation between you and your mother. I was reminded of Psalms 27:10 "Though my father and mother forsake me, The Lord will receive me." It's always good to know that God always is there to receive us. And Psalms 46:9 says, "He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; He breaks the bow and shatters the spear, He burns the shields with fire." And I trust he will break apart any wall of discord that's been built up and bring restoration to the relationship instead.:smile: God bless you.