I...CAN...PROVE IT!!!!!!! (MFC Uncut on Nick!)

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Hmmm...

It's strange... When I was in U.K. three or four years ago, I bought a VHS called A Muppet Family Christmas (which came with a small Kermit Plush) in a store...

It has Muppet Babies Song and the Snowman Song, it has the scenne after Miss Piggy's arrival and the "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" bit... But it doesn't have Statler and Waldorf Song neither the scenne with Emily and Fozzie talking about stocks...

Is this weird? Is this normal? "Why am I here?"

Thank you!

tygerbug

Reaction score
I taped the special off of Nick and still have it. It was uncut. I wasn't even aware that it had BEEN cut until reading it on this site, and am shocked and angry.

The Snowman routine and Statler and Waldorf singing were some of my favorite parts of the special, and still stick with me today. I also remember Piggy slipping on the ice. I'm amazed that the good parts got cut.

Statler and Waldorf sing the following, very much in character for them:

I heard the bells on Christmas day
those old familiar carols play
and warm and sweet, the words repeat
of peace on earth, goodwill to men ...

Maybe you had to be there. But a highlight in an already great song medley.

Still have this on tape somewhere.

While we're at it, those who love great Christmas specials should check out recent rereleases of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer ... this is my second favorite special next to The Grinch and the new video version is a GORGEOUS print that is a longer edit with lots of great new scenes. "Fame and Fortune" is replaced with a silly reprise of "Misfits" ... and Yukon Cornelius discovers a Christmas peppermint mine at the end!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that it is just shear Nincompoopery that Columbia can't have the whole thing on a ruddy DVD!!!! IT'S A DVD!!! IT'S SUPPOSED TO HAVE MORE!!!

But that's not Columbi's worst choice.. think of a recent movie with an annoying CGI mouse.....

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
interesting...IIRC, I saw this last year on YTV (canadian network) and all of the "cut" scenes described above were included...I'll have to catch it again this year around Christmas and make a copy to see if they've now been cut...YTV plays this every year...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Heh, thanks for that info. Stryder.

*adds to Matt's big list of "Reasons Why Canadians Have Better TV Than Americans"*

-Matt

jeremyactor

Reaction score
My copy I bought in the early 90's is missing all of those cuts EXCEPT the Stocking scene... that didn't get cut from my copy, but sadly everything else is. Luckily my girlfriend has the full copy from the original airing on ABC, so I can watch that copy with her.

Jeremy