1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

I did a project on the history of SST in college this week!

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Muppet dude, May 1, 2009.

1. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Yep. In my Creative Dramatics class for my project on something related to Childrens' Dramatics, I did it on the history of Sesame Street! I did a PowerPoint slideshow, then I played a montage of Sesame Street intro sequences (we had already seen the 1969-1992 opening, so my montage included the 1992 "Calypso" intro, the 1998 "Retro" opening, the 2002 "Blocks" opening and the 2007 "Hip Hop" opening), and then the timeline sequence from "The Street We Live On!"

Some notes about it: in my opening sequence montage, a few of my classmates remembered the Calypso intro, a couple of them remembered the 1998 intro, and quite a few of them hated the 2007 intro :p )

My teacher in the class, Ms. Kelly, recalled she was actually on the set for Sesame Street back in 1975 when they were shooting the episode that had Lily Tomilin signing the "Sing" song to kids (which was part of the timeline montage). She recalls at one point, Lily Tomilin told her "Kermit's talking dirty," and that Jim Henson was joking with Kermit off-camera making him say nasty things. Ms. Kelly says that this was one of those times that she wished she had a video camera (though they were super-expensive back in 1975!)
  2. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Man that is awesome. Even better, the Calypso credits are definately my favourite set of SST credits. Just love the music.
  3. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Oh wow, that sounds awesome! :) :excited: Coolsville!