I did a project on the history of SST in college this week!

wiley207

Reaction score
Yep. In my Creative Dramatics class for my project on something related to Childrens' Dramatics, I did it on the history of Sesame Street! I did a PowerPoint slideshow, then I played a montage of Sesame Street intro sequences (we had already seen the 1969-1992 opening, so my montage included the 1992 "Calypso" intro, the 1998 "Retro" opening, the 2002 "Blocks" opening and the 2007 "Hip Hop" opening), and then the timeline sequence from "The Street We Live On!"

Some notes about it: in my opening sequence montage, a few of my classmates remembered the Calypso intro, a couple of them remembered the 1998 intro, and quite a few of them hated the 2007 intro :stick_out_tongue: )

My teacher in the class, Ms. Kelly, recalled she was actually on the set for Sesame Street back in 1975 when they were shooting the episode that had Lily Tomilin signing the "Sing" song to kids (which was part of the timeline montage). She recalls at one point, Lily Tomilin told her "Kermit's talking dirty," and that Jim Henson was joking with Kermit off-camera making him say nasty things. Ms. Kelly says that this was one of those times that she wished she had a video camera (though they were super-expensive back in 1975!)

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Man that is awesome. Even better, the Calypso credits are definately my favourite set of SST credits. Just love the music.

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh wow, that sounds awesome! :smile: :excited: Coolsville!