I have CHICKENS!!!!

foofoocakes

Reaction score
You can keep a chicken in a cage but it will never love you.:grouchy: Chicken brains are about this big :smile:concern: )

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i think they have laws saying people can't have chickens in the city areas..

ryan

LadyCamilla

Reaction score
I know this is a little late, but I haven't been here long, give me a break :stick_out_tongue:

We have a lot of chickens too (hense the screen name)....

If you need "help" deciding which of the chicks are "boys" and which are "girls", take a chick, hang on to their feet and hang them upside down. 90% of the time, the to-be roosters will throw a fit when you hang them upside down, the to-be hens won't. This works most of the time, but I wouldn't bet the farm on the outcomes, but like I said, most of the time, it's a good test.
Just because they start to develop combs doesn't mean they're roosters either because hens have very small combs.

I am so happy to see there are others out there who love to own chickens. People think I'm crazy for having so many and that I keep them as pets (and for eggs, of course).

We have all kinds of breeds - silkies, bantams, barred rock, "meat" chickens (bred specifically to be eaten, but I can't do it), Rhode Island red, aracannas, and some "mutt" chickens that were given to us and we aren't sure what they are!!! We also have ducks, turkeys, and quail too! I love my poultry pets!

Enjoy your babies, and make sure you handle them a lot so they get used to it and won't run from you when they get older!

Okay, I will get off of my chicken soapbox!

Party_Animal

Reaction score
I like Chickens too...

I also like chickens, that's why I don't eat them! :halo: I like it would be cool to have chickens , all though after seeing them as a baby and watching them grow up I could never eat them. :eek: I love animals and that's why I'm a vegitarian(sp). But that's not the point, I just think it would be cool to have a chick.(let alone 23)

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, Paby Animal wants a chick, any kind in particlar? And to you mean the long legged kind of groovy chick, or the feathery kind of tasty chick?

Party_Animal

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
So, Paby Animal wants a chick, any kind in particlar? And to you mean the long legged kind of groovy chick, or the feathery kind of tasty chick?
huh? :confused: