I just lost my job

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I can't believe this! I currently work for a company in town called Melody Music that rents out video games & other amusement devices to places like bars, restaurants & such, and I've had this job for almost 2 years, and found out that there are big changes coming to the company which happens on May 1st. However, I have been informed that as of April 26th, my services will no longer be needed. I have been told that they might need me back in the future, but for now, I'm going to be JOBLESS!

I don't want to end up having a dead end job like I had at the bowling alley I go to often, and I most certainly don't want to be paid less than I have been. I just don't know about my future. I worked hard for that company, and now, through NO fault of my own, I've been forced out of a job. I am severely shocked, devastated, disappointed, and maybe somewhat appalled at the fact I won't have a job as a amusement machine technician after the next 3 weeks are gone. I've told a lot of people, including my grandparents that I live with. I just don't know what other job I'll have. I was really looking forward to having a decent job that I could look forward to on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday afternoons for a long time, and now, it won't happen.

GAME OVER

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm sorry that you lost your job and are facing an uncertain future. I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of another job, and I hope you can find something quick.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
Start sending around resumes, and apply for unemployment. Now. CYA as fast as you can. Something similar (and even nastier) happened to me last year and I was unemployed for five months before I found something so totally outside my comfort zone I would not have considered it previously...and it's worked out fairly good. I wish you an easier time than I had, tutter fan! :sympathy:

---------------

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh dude, I'm sorry to hear that. That's hard, I lost my first job kinda like that when they shut our store down, it's a frightening experience. I'll be praying for you and I wish you the best in finding a new one.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm really sorry, yeah it's rough for everyone right now. Good luck to you!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I hope something comes your way soon. But like newsmanfan said, send out resumes and get ready to pound the pavement. In tough times like these, you have to be aggressive and really sell yourself to potential employers. You'll really have to convince them you're the best one for the job, and what a valuable asset you'll be to them. But remember, you'll have competetion, because so many others are trying to do the same thing you are.

Having been in the same boat you're in now, I know it's unsettling, disturbing, and seems unfair. But sometimes challenges in life like facing unemployment forces us to grow a little. After I was unemployed for six months, I took a stab at the company I'm at now, which was a new field for me, and six years later, was the best move I ever made. I hope you have an easy transition and will get a decent job soon.
Peace- Brian

Misskermie

Reaction score
They can't just straight up fire you like that can they? I mean, you gotta do somethin' wrong first... especially if you've worked there for a while!