1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

I love "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas"!

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Janice & Mokey's Man, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Hey Kevin if you don't have that version i strongly suggest getting it! Even though there is no Kermit the extras are well worth it! the bloopers of Frank Oz's voice with Ma Otter are histarical!!!! and the deleted scenes (other then the kermit ones) are great too! This year we had an emmet otter watching party a week or so before christmas. it was so much fun and we kept making a running gag of singing "we're closer now then ever before!":)
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Well, Zack, you've talked me into it. I'll do it.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*suddenly imagines you and Zack heading to Hollywood as a team*

I've never seen this special, I always got the impression that it was slow and/or boring...seems I was wrong and it's beautiful, I must try and track down a Region 2 copy.

Bea:zany:{Or am I a future Wendell?}regard
  4. Fozzie Bear

"Movin' right along in search of good times and good news"

Yeah, I didn't realize the connection in my reply there until after you pointed it out. I should go mark this in that thread about referencing the Muppets and not meaning to.
  5. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

I just got the DVD for christmas and i thought was great but i was a little mixed up wasn'r Kermit in it once???:confused:
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

he was cut due to Disney owning Kermit (and the rest of the Muppet Show muppets) as HIT! tryed to get Disney's OK... but disney told em "no"... u can read the review and some of the story as to why disney wouldnt let HIT! use the kermit scenes here at the link...

link: http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/dvd/emmet_otter_2005.shtml

:zany:
  7. I can't believe how stingy and ridiculous Disney was over that. :rolleyes:
  8. Jackie

Jackie New Member

You know what. I've watched Emmet Otter a million times, but I watched this newer DVD around Christmas time and I didn't even realize Kermit was missing. What kind of a Muppet Fan am I? LOL!
  9. Fozzie Bear

Uh oh, "Jackie skipped a groove again, man." :sing:
  10. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Yeah, it tends to happen as I approach a quarter of a centruy.
  11. Fozzie Bear

Wait 'til you see what happens in...uh...10 years...and...what was I talking about again?

Who am I?
  12. LOL!

"Oh, wow! And, like, I'm Byron, on lead keyboard---computer keyboard, that is! Fer sure, rully! :flirt: "
  13. Jackie

Jackie New Member

We've lost our minds long ago. Age doesn't matter. :zany:
  14. Fozzie Bear

Lost minds--makes us feel good, don't it?