I met Bob McGrath

ssetta

Reaction score
So, Bob McGrath had a Christmas sing-along at Barnes & Noble in the town where I live. He made a few references to SS, and he actually performed "Keep Christmas With You", and "Sing." All of his other songs were his own material, not from SS. After the show, I got my CD signed by him, and met him. He is a very nice man. I told him how I've watched SS my whole life, and have always loved the show, and how it's so amazing that he's been there for all these years. I told him how I love the early days of the show way better, and he said that he does too. This was a night to remember.:smile:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Wow!

REALLY?:eek: When did he come to Barnes and Noble and also,What was he doing and Was it the christmas CD you got signed.Because I finally got to meet him at Sesame place on June 2nd and he sure is a very nice man when I met him!I brought in 4 LP's to sign and he signed them for me when he was so happy.So,It's great you met him!:excited:

ssetta

Reaction score
He came just tonight, and it was a Christmas sing-along.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Oh OK.Was it crowded and where was it inside?That's all I like to know.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I mean, it wasn't terribly crowded, but it was well-attended. It was in the front of the store.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, that's great! Congradulations! I hear he's a really nice guy, and would love to meet him myself some day! Such a nice, intimate setting too.
Hmmm, I wonder if he'll ever come around here...

sesameguy

Reaction score
Very cool! I'm glad you both got to meet him. He does seem like a great guy in "real life" as well as on the street. Interesting that he says he likes the "early days" better! :smile: That may partly be because he had a bigger role in the show back then. But I'm also glad he's still there!

It looks like he will be making two more Barnes & Noble appearances (the next one in New York!). You can read about it on this press release:

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200711/1194109657.html

You can learn more about his Christmas album on his web site. (Note that a clip from "Feliz Navidad" plays in the background when you click on the home page):

http://www.bobmcgrath.com/

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's awesome! I hope I'm able to hear his CD soon. (And maybe I'm bias but I'm glad he liked the early days better too.) :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That's great; I'll have to see if I can make it on Saturday. Thanks for posting it!
:smile:
As for me, I don't think it's so important why he said that he liked the older episodes better, but just the fact that he said it. I like it when celebrities say things like that. Shows that their down-to-earth, you know?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As for me, I don't think it's so important why he said that he liked the older episodes better, but just the fact that he said it. I like it when celebrities say things like that. Shows that their down-to-earth, you know?
Very true, you can see he's stating his opinion, rather than giving a practiced answer. :smile: