I need some help

itchekadoozy

Reaction score
I'm currently writing a very ambitious new mini series for the itche kadoozy show. It's a series of 4 ten minute episodes, and I think I can pull it off, but i need some more puppets. I'd do it myself, but I'm pinched for time and I'm busy writing, and most of all, my sewing machine is at my parents house halfway across the country. Sooooo, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few puppet blanks that I could then finish myself. Just an empty head, body and arms. No clothes, no eyes, nose. Just a blank puppet ( a few of them actually). Obviously i don't expect this work to be done for free, but my budget isn't huge by any stretch of the imagination. But you will get your name on the credits, and the good warm feeling in your heart of knowing that you're part of something that is helping people. I hope. ANyways, let me know if you can help. I know there are a lot of talented people on this forum, so hopefuly I'll hear back from some of them.

Dovid

Whispers

Reaction score
I'd be willing to do so :] My price would only cover the materials cost plus labor. I work quickly and efficiently as well. PM if you're interested and would like to send me questions or information.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Are you still doing The Itche Kadoozy Show, or is this something new? I got the impression your last episode was awhile ago.

itchekadoozy

Reaction score
I was doing weekly episodes for the weekly torah portions last year, and that ended. But the characters are a lot of fun, and I think a lot of people really dig them, so I decided to do longer episodes for the jewish holidays. The 3-5 minute shows were fun and let me explore a lot of styles and ideas, but I think the next step is to let these guys experience longer, more complicated plotlines, let them grow a little bit, and also let them get out of that news report box and do some really out there stuff.

I guess this is why I should start a production blog.

Oh, BTW, thanks for the attention you've given to the show on your weekly puppet video roundup, Andrew.

On another note, as long as I'm going into details about the project, maybe you guys can give me your opinion on something:

Over the year I got into a comfortable groove with the green screening. I think it got to the point (and you guys can correct me if you disagree) that what started as a cheap shortcut due to lack of resources eventually became sort of stylistic. In other words, I think I learned how to use the limitations I had to create a unique feel. The question is, when I take these puppets on bigger adventures, should I sctick with that, or should I try a more cinematic, single camera style (think arrested development). ANd would mixing the styles work?

Again, this is why I should start that production blog.