I noticed you're watching too...

Marky

Reaction score
Can anyone ansawer this for me? In the Muppet Movie, during the song "Magic Store", Kermit sings this line, yet on the soundtrack album it's Fozzie.

Um... why?

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Marky said:
Can anyone ansawer this for me? In the Muppet Movie, during the song "Magic Store", Kermit sings this line, yet on the soundtrack album it's Fozzie.

Um... why?
That's something that always bugged me as well. My only guess is that they recorded the song for the soundtrack before they filmed the movie, and during production, it was decided that Kermit worked better for that line in the song than Fozzie, and just inserted Kermit at the last minute, but there wasn't time to fix it for the soundtrack.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
That's something that always bugged me as well. My only guess is that they recorded the song for the soundtrack before they filmed the movie, and during production, it was decided that Kermit worked better for that line in the song than Fozzie, and just inserted Kermit at the last minute, but there wasn't time to fix it for the soundtrack.
I also noticed that in the soundtrack when the entire cast sings at the end, kermit sings a bit longer before the cast joins in than in the version of the song in the movie.

Marky

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I also noticed that in the soundtrack when the entire cast sings at the end, kermit sings a bit longer before the cast joins in than in the version of the song in the movie.
You're absolutely right! Good ear.
Moose I think has a sensible answer there.

Another similar thing happens in the song "Happiness Hotel" - can anyone guess which characters and what line?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Marky said:
Another similar thing happens in the song "Happiness Hotel" - can anyone guess which characters and what line?
I know that Kermit's conversation with Rowlf was not included in the album version, and I also know that Zoot's line "He's just upset because he missed the Rembradt exhibet at the national gallery" was changed to "He's just made because he missed the boniem (spelling correct?) exhibet at the natual gallery". Also cut was Animal's response ("Renoir!"), and a few instrumental pieces were either shortened or changed.

rowlf84

Reaction score
In "I Hope That Something Better" there are several lines that change. I couldn't list them right here, but it's kind of strange.

Marky

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I know that Kermit's conversation with Rowlf was not included in the album version, and I also know that Zoot's line "He's just upset because he missed the Rembradt exhibet at the national gallery" was changed to "He's just made because he missed the boniem (spelling correct?) exhibet at the natual gallery". Also cut was Animal's response ("Renoir!"), and a few instrumental pieces were either shortened or changed.
Yes, those are all true...!

I was referring to the line, "Still the management is cheerful though the whole joint's gone to ****, sung by Janice in the movie, but Scooter on the album. I know, I know "Are you sure? They're both Richard Hunt!" But there's clearly a difference!

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

BEAR

Reaction score
Marky said:
Yes, those are all true...!

I was referring to the line, "Still the management is cheerful though the whole joint's gone to ****, sung by Janice in the movie, but Scooter on the album. I know, I know "Are you sure? They're both Richard Hunt!" But there's clearly a difference!

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
I am still away, but I thought I should post for a second...check again. To my ears on my recording it is clearly Janice's voice singing that line. You can especially tell by the way she says "Churful".

David French

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
Which seems highly unlikely; it's not unusal for film soundtracks to sometimes change things round with certain songs. There are quite a few differences with some of the songs/sketches on the first two Muppet Show albums compared with what was performed onscreen (eg both of Fozzie's monologues, Mahna Mahna, Vet's Hospital, Pigs in Space) and I suspect that this is the case with the Muppet Movies.

With regards to Zoot's line from Great Muppet Caper - it's the Monet exhibit at the National Gallery that he refers to. I have a funny feeling that the "Rembrandt" and "Renoir" lines were used in the 1990's VHS re-release but not the original film or VHS release. Can someone help me out here?

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I am still away, but I thought I should post for a second...check again. To my ears on my recording it is clearly Janice's voice singing that line. You can especially tell by the way she says "Churful".

I heard it again last night. You're right, It's Janice. My bad!:embarrassed: