I think I'm just getting the band

Figment

Reaction score
Hey I'm kinda new to this forum, but I suspect I know a bunch of members here from other toy forums. At any rate, I just wanna say that these Muppet toys are truly wonderful, but I just don't have the space or the energy to keep up every last one of them. I do, however, have to get Electric Mayhem, as they were a huge influence on me when I was growing up, and still too cool for words.

Are there any other not-so diehard fans out there that have placed limits on their Muppet collection, or is everybody diving in head first? Believe me, I didn't think I had the willpower to do so, but my wallet just can't take another complete toy line.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
I'm actually the complete opposite from your situation. I've always wanted to dive in head first on a quality toy line. I was too poor at the time to go for the simpsons and anything earlier I definitely couldn't afford.

The muppet line has struck a chord from my childhood, like it has to probably most people reading this. But yeah, I could see how a completist might be groaning about another set to collect. Or they might not have the time and space since they might already have used up so much more for everything else.

To me though, it's also a matter of timing. If the set was released a year or two ago, I wouldn't have a chance to complete it. If it were to start a year or two from now, I would probably feel like it's too late to start *something else*...

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
When you consider that there are only four figs per series with the Muppet Show, it isn't as bad as other lines with six or eight or thirty-two different figures released per wave. Palisades really isn't asking much for us to dive in head first.

Luke

Reaction score
I'm just getting the ones that really take my fancy - which is looking like about two per wave, maybe stretching to a third. They are more expensive here in the UK and harder to get hold off, but i'll really just pick up the characters i like and have them on stands on my desk.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yes, EM was a major hit in my youth, too.

Can't afford the collectibles right now, but that might change!!!

- Billy :cool:

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I fully intend to buy at least one version of every different character Palisades puts out. I'll only buy an exclusive if the character variation is one that's actually appeared in a show or a movie. So I did buy the Tuxedo Kermit but I passed on the invisible Beaker. I'll probably skip the Vacation Fozzie too.

However, if I couldnt buy all those figures, I'd probably just buy the Electric Mayhem members and call it a day. But I wont!!

Cosmic Cow

Reaction score
Muppets

Well, due to collecting other toy lines and lack of space, I am only getting my favorite characters for now (Fozzie, Gonzo, EM, Swedish Chef, Statler and Waldorf, etc.). I may try to complete the set one day but, can't right now. I used to try and collect entire toy lines like the Simpsons and Star Wars but it got to be too much work. Now, I just collect my favorite characters from each set. I find it to be alot more pleasing as a collector....

Jackie

Reaction score
It takes a lot of little nuts to make a jar of peanut butter...

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hiya Figment--welcome!

I'm going whole hog--well, actually I'm not. I'm not getting many (if any) of the variations, but I will be getting at least one of all of the characters.

I'm not much of a completist with my collecting--with the Simpsons I'm pretty much just collecting the children, since they're my favorite characters anyway--but I do have Marge, Homer, Mr. Burns, Groundskeeper Willie, Bumblebee Man and the Sea Captain--I likes the weirdos!

I really wish I had placed a limit on my Star Wars collection--like just gotten figures from The Empire Strikes Back or something. That one has been out of control for several years now. I'm getting better, but man rehab is hard!

Quinnnnnnnnn

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I know my wallet won't appreciate it but I plan to get as many Muppet figures as I can.

Luke-
Just out of pure curiosity, which 2 figures did you pick from the first series?

and Figment, is your name refering to the character from the Epcot attraction?