I think it time for me to really drop this facade and say maybe disney is best...

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

Well you seem to know what your talking about, Seeing as you got this information from reliable (Or as reliable as it can be) sources.

But some people just go around throwing stuff around and it isnt right.

I dont really know what to say in these discussions, but i do always read them.

see ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gobo_Tron2
I think a lot happened that we don't know about during those last couple of months.

How does a man with as much love for life as Jim had, go around sick for a whole month without visiting a doctor? To me that sounds like depression. My question is, why would he be so depressed? Because he realized that everything he'd worked for his whole life was about to be snatched right out of his hands?
I just want to say that you have speculated ALOT, And speculation isnt worth anything.

If everyone were to speculate about the subject, Then there would be alot of stories going around.

Its best to stick to facts.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Um, there's a reason in 4 years you havent seen any discussion of it, because noone cares about that stuff. His legacy speaks for itself...I'll take the ping pong mother's coat sugar coating any day over inuendo and journalistic digging^_^
I get your point, but my whole post was kinda pointing out that sources have actually spoken about this and it's not all journalistic digging. I just wonder if Jim would have really wanted a lot of his beliefs to be completely ignored and the 'ping pong' thing to be used. Kinda just makes him sound like some fairy story so his name can go on the top of DVD's and Plush tags. Obviously there is a lot of wild speculation out there and lots of it isn't true so that part is better left alone but if Jim is going to get proper recogntition as a real person with a real life then maybe the factual stuff should be acknowledged instead of people just glazing over it. People obviously do care because over the last four years countless people have asked about it all here - i just would prefer giving people an honest answer than labelling it all 'lies and blasphemy' and putting my fingers in my ears. I thought people are always saying the Muppets aren't just for kids, and this attitude makes em sound like kiddy fodder.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Obviously there is a lot of wild speculation out there and lots of it isn't true
Got that right kiddo.

Originally posted by Luke

Kinda just makes him sound like some fairy story so his name can go on the top of DVD's and Plush tags.
Well, if Disney had bought JHC there might not be that signature on top of all things JHC related. But that statement, whats wrong with a name that goes on everything? Would *you* rather JH signature be taken off?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Re: Y'all know how I feel part two

Originally posted by JamieDenny
Yes i'm anti-disney, not because they're evil but because I just don't think the Muppets would fit in with their general 'cutsieness'???:confused:
However If we take Warner Bros, who have some of the oddest charcters I know in the form of the Looney Tunes then the Muppets would fit in.
Disney behaved reprehensibly when Jim died and deep down they know they did, I don't care if it was lawyers the buck stops rightly at the CEO Mr Eisner, lawyers may well have the run of the company but only on his say so.
When Jim died he took a bit of me with him, Disneys ensuing behaviour made me want to vomit.
Jamie
I hope you realize that Disney characters have been around longer than the Looney Tunes, and name one memorable animated movie WB made. also it wasnt Disney it was Eisner

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
But that statement, whats wrong with a name that goes on everything? Would *you* rather JH signature be taken off?
Of course not, that wasn't my point. My point was that they seem to be using Jim just as a symbol or figurehead nowdays instead of making more out of him as a historical figure in the entertainment world - we hear so much about Jim's vision but the Henson's just seem to want to restrict that to his puppetry and i think it's fair to say there was more to his life, his beliefs and this vision than what he showed through puppetry - you've only gotta read his quotes to work that one out. I'm not saying they should go all outlandish and controverisal but a nice documentary or book which teaches people about Jim as 'Jim Henson' rather than just 'Puppeteer' with comments and memories from his friends and family would be good.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I agree with Luke,and ther is definitely an interest from at least some of us. I'd be very interested to read/watch something like that. I wouldn't think of Jim as much as a figurehead as an "Icon", much like, say, John Lennon or Walt Disney...and personally I'd rather he be humanized...I like biographies a lot for that reason (although I doubt any are really 100% accurate)...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
As would I.

Soooo, not to disrupt the flow of this....discussion, Jim was secretly/indirectly incorporating his Christian Science beliefs into his work?

Movies205

Reaction score
Disney owning them or not... This topic was made by me in fustration of seeing all these companies make deal but show no money... I want my Muppets... and I want them now!!! LOL But seriously... When you boil all the facts down, disney isn't right for the muppets, they have so MANY charachters that, I don't think the muppets would get the attenion it deserves. Also disney has given me many movies and cartoons I love but, they simply don't have the balls to own the muppets. For god-sakes they are afraid to release Song of the South a movie that is HISTORICALLY important for what it did for cinema technology becuz there afraid they might offend people, the edited out footage from Who Framed Roger Rabbit becuz they were afraid that it might offend people... I'm sorry disney isn't right for the muppets and neither is WB becuz they do a ****** job wiht DVDs and they make some stinkers.... JHC belongs somewhere else....

ADDED: I Still be happy if disney bought them but I don't think that the perfect place for the muppets....

electricmayhem

Reaction score
So how bout everyone here on Muppet Central pools their money and we can buy them. Hey.....just a suggestion...