I think it time for me to really drop this facade and say maybe disney is best...

ScottMonster

Reaction score
Geez, seems like I started a little fireworks show with this one...I didn't think it would be taken so seriously... just a little humour as an aside:cool:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Trying to get it on the site ASAP! Shouldn't take long. There's a lot of great stuff on it - most of it we already know, but it's even more interesting reading it with the perspective we have now. It references some of the projects that Henson helped to form before his death and some of the ones that never came to fruition.
How that's going by the way, Frogboy???

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We are working on several projects right now. It should be up soon. The article was submitted a while ago. :smile:

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
We are working on several projects right now. It should be up soon. The article was submitted a while ago. :smile:
I don't think any of it is incorrect, that Jim once wanted Disney very much. But I think also that all of this happened before Jim discovered Disney's dark side, which I admit they keep well hidden.

Jim admitted that he was a great fan of Disney, so I can see how eager he would be to work with them. But it's easy to fantasize about such things when you only see the finished products. Theme parks with fireworks every night - cartoons about making dreams come true. It's very easy to miss what's going on behind the scenes, and I don't think Jim figured it out until within maybe 3 months before he died, but this is all educated guesswork.

I wish I could actually go out and investigate all this, and try to piece together the puzzle. I think a lot happened that we don't know about during those last couple of months.

How does a man with as much love for life as Jim had, go around sick for a whole month without visiting a doctor? To me that sounds like depression. My question is, why would he be so depressed? Because he realized that everything he'd worked for his whole life was about to be snatched right out of his hands?

Drtooth

Reaction score
:big_grin: :wink: :cool: :rolleyes:

Muppet Emoticoms? HOW BLOODY COOL IS THIS?!?!?

Uh... never mind...

Anyway, there are so many things I have against Disney (Cheapquals, rereleasing junk like The Newsies to DVD and not Ducktales the movie, making Bean bags of every single character except Darkwing, Ludwig von Drake, over-exposing Winnie the Pooh and such to name a few), so I am avidly against Diz for this reason. I mean, look at DIC animation after it's Disney partnership (Sabrina the series? What were they thinking... were they thinking?)

awwww.... this is SOOOOO going to be another antidiz thread...

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gobo_Tron2
But I think also that all of this happened before Jim discovered Disney's dark side, which I admit they keep well hidden.
What dark side would that be? The using poor Malaysian familes to sticth goofy dolls in sweat shops, covering up theme park deaths, or the mass corporate raping of AA Milnes characters?

Originally posted by Gobo_Tron2

How does a man with as much love for life as Jim had, go around sick for a whole month without visiting a doctor? To me that sounds like depression. My question is, why would he be so depressed? Because he realized that everything he'd worked for his whole life was about to be snatched right out of his hands?
Good question. There's idiots out there that would try to paint some blasphemic picture of JH's later days, or other ill begotten lies in tell all books. Then again Judas traitors are a dime a dozen. You may be on to something though...maybe in the end he realized Disney wasnt the best way to go. Folks, despite the quagmire JHC has been in for nearly 13 years, I WOULD HATE to see what would have happened to the Muppets had Disney bought em. The Mouse can burn in eternal damnation as far as Im concerned. Disney can suck it.

Kye

Reaction score
Wait a minute! I have worked for Disney for a long time! really... and still do. You all are forgetting something!

WALT DISNEY CO. led the entertainment industry with 44 Oscar Nominations! That we produced "chicago" ( we own miramax, touchstone ect.) Disney is the leader in entertainment. And it would be a very fitting home for the Muppet empire! So many people are so quick to judge sucsessful companies. Jim loved Disney! I got there just a few months after filming for 3d was done and all people could talk about was how great he was, and that every single day he would eat in the employee cafeteria and sit with regular people just to visit.

Look at what disney did for winnie the pooh... it was dead in the water before disney bought it and now tigger is everywhere! maybe i am just being selfish...maybe i just want to go to walmart and find kermit on the shelves again...i want my one year old to grow up loving the muppets like I did. Disney would make sure that it happened.

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Y'all know how I feel part two

Yes i'm anti-disney, not because they're evil but because I just don't think the Muppets would fit in with their general 'cutsieness'???:confused:
However If we take Warner Bros, who have some of the oddest charcters I know in the form of the Looney Tunes then the Muppets would fit in.
Disney behaved reprehensibly when Jim died and deep down they know they did, I don't care if it was lawyers the buck stops rightly at the CEO Mr Eisner, lawyers may well have the run of the company but only on his say so.
When Jim died he took a bit of me with him, Disneys ensuing behaviour made me want to vomit.
Jamie

Muppets1985

Reaction score
OMG!!! u work for Disney : )

Originally posted by Kye
Wait a minute! I have worked for Disney for a long time! really... and still do. You all are forgetting something!

WALT DISNEY CO. led the entertainment industry with 44 Oscar Nominations! That we produced "chicago" ( we own miramax, touchstone ect.) Disney is the leader in entertainment. And it would be a very fitting home for the Muppet empire! So many people are so quick to judge sucsessful companies. Jim loved Disney! I got there just a few months after filming for 3d was done and all people could talk about was how great he was, and that every single day he would eat in the employee cafeteria and sit with regular people just to visit.

Look at what disney did for winnie the pooh... it was dead in the water before disney bought it and now tigger is everywhere! maybe i am just being selfish...maybe i just want to go to walmart and find kermit on the shelves again...i want my one year old to grow up loving the muppets like I did. Disney would make sure that it happened.

WOW!! ohhh my gosh! you for Disney?? wow, I jusy LOVE Disney!!! lets be pals shell we? :big_grin: Disney, disney, disney, disney, disney, disney, disney, disney, disney, disney, disney, disney, disney Buy the Muppets!! :smile: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: ...ok im done! :embarrassed: :wink: