I visited the JH museum in Leland, MS

Whatever

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just visited the Jim Henson exhibit in Leland, Mississippi today, and I wanted to share a few thoughts.

First of all, if you want to go there, it doesn't seem to have an official address. But don't worry! It is easy to find! Just drive along the exit off the highway and if you go far enough on the street you end up on, you see a big sign and the museum is easily visible. Admission is free!

It is really small, only two rooms. It has a lot of neat old pictures of Jim Henson. I was, however, disappointed. There are no actual Muppets there. There is a poser Kermit sitting on a log, strumming the bango, but no actual Muppets. I'm almost positive it was a poser Kermit, I got a good look at its bottom.

It plays a continous informative tape about Jim Henson and his works. I saw clips of works I'd never seen, such as some of his early commercials, and a clip out of "Timesaver" or whatever that's called. (I'm tired tonight, don't pick on me please).

There are lots of souveniers for sale, Palisades Series 1 Kermits, mugs, T-shirts, postcards, Monopoly games, etc. I only got postcards, I'm such a cheapwad.

You can get your picture taken next to a human size plush Kermit! It was a nice experience and even my friend Danielle, a less obsessed Muppet fan than me, enjoyed it and wanted to buy a Miss Piggy mug.

Whatever

Reaction score
Oh, another thing I really enjoyed was flipping through a tattered copy of "Of Muppets and Men." I've really wanted to see that book. :big_grin:

They also had an old Fisher Price Anything Muppet kit setting out, so you could assemble your own Anything Muppets by adding eyes, ears, hair, horns, etc. That was fun! The parts kept falling off because the velcro was so old. :cool:

Whatever

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
That would be good. Does this tour America or something?
No, it's a permanent exhibit in Leland, MS, near the birthplace of Jim Henson.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey,

Did they have a brochure or anything with any information about it at all? Times open, etc?

Glad you could go. I still want to go and haven't been able to go yet.

Whatever

Reaction score
Yeah, Kev, I grabbed multiple brochures and I'll try to remember to give you one whenever we meet up. I WILL call you one of these days, but vacation makes my brain go mushy.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, they need a better website or something done for them!

Ernie101

Reaction score
May I please have a link to the website?

It sounds really neat, allthough I have no way of getting there yet.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Thanks fozzie Bear!

Who else has actually been? and what else can you tell me?