I was on tv with my puppet

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I got to be on live tv with my puppet danny... They were having an audition for the local nbc station forcaster for a day contest and I thought it would be fun to do. Anyways I auditioned (which was uncomfortable because they wouldn't let me hide from view and just show the puppet but oh well) anyways they thought I was interesting enough that they interviewed me on live tv (oddly they put the microphone up to the puppets mouth). anyways my audition is on line here If I make it in the top twenty people can vote for me.... but I don't think that will happen. It was fun to be on tv though.

RockerRob

Reaction score
Weather Puppet! It was a good idea, and a nice try. Some spit and polish kid with a wrinkely grin will get the spot. Puppets will have their day! I call for the 100000000000 puppet march on Washington for puppet rights!

they thought I was interesting enough that they interviewed me on live tv (oddly they put the microphone up to the puppets mouth)
I FLOVE that they put the microphone to the puppet's mouth! They know that the puppet is not the one talking, but you are, but they still put the mic up to the puppet! That's one of those magical things about puppets that I love so much.

Oddly, I have thought of this exact scerario a few times and I came up with a compencatory way to deal with the people who astonishingly think your puppet is real. A cool way around that would be to put a little speaker in the puppet's mouth with a direct feed from a microphone you are wearing and then they could interview the puppet like crazy. Non puppeteers ' reactaion to puppets intruigue me.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Actually the funny thing is we used to have a puppet do the weather here in milwaukee many many years ago.... I was actually thinking of making a joke about puppets making a comeback as weather ters but honestly when I got there a I got a little too nervous. I certainly think I had one of the more unique auditions though now that I see whats posted.