I Wonder: Gonzo's Trumpet Bit on TMS

Splurge

Reaction score
Here's something that I've often thought about regarding Gonzo's trumpet intro in TMS. We know that at the beginning of each episode something goes wrong.

But how would we know if something went right? I mean, I realized, I don't think I know how what Gonzo's contribution is supposed to be.

I also thought about it with Gonzo and his gong in TMS Season 1, but I guess it was supposed to be nothing more than a big gong, what else could it be?, that got ruined each time.

Food for thought, yes yes?

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think it's prety obvious. Gonzo is suppose to play the final note of the Muppet Show opening theme. If that happens, he has done it right. but something went wriong on a regular basis. One time he did get to play the note, and he looked shocked that it happened.

Didn't everyone think it was obvious he was trying to playthe final note of the theme?

Erine81981

Reaction score
He played it in the Harry Belafontay episode in the last number. Nothing went wrong there.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Yeah, I always thought it was pretty obvious he was just trying to get out that last note to the MS theme...and I always was both simulataneously eager to see whatever was going to go wrong, and sympathetic for the poor dear, all at once!
I always told my mom, I would let Gonzo come over to our house and play his trumpet all he wanted.
:concern::zany: