Icehockey WC

muppet_dk

Reaction score
:excited: YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!:excited:

Denmark has won their first game in IIHF World Championships ever. Denmark was promoted from 1 divison and are considered as an easy opponant. It's unbelivebale that we beat USA 5-2.

:sing: Og det var Danmark, og det var Danmark. Olé Olé Olé Olé:sing:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
:excited: A new big supprise with Denmark in Finland. After 2 matches against Russia & Switzerland where Denmark lost. Denmark did the impossible again. Denmark played a draw with Canada, and when it's against a team like Canada it's considered a win in Denmark. And it's even bigger when looking at the candian team rooster, it's all NHL players :excited:

It's actually quite funny that the number of icestadiums in Canada are the same as the number of hockey players in Denmark.
And there were a time when Denmark was beaten 46-0 by Canada (i think it's the right score not sure) But those days are over now.

Next up are the swedish team :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Good luck to the team, guy! It's so exciting to see your home team win the cup!!

Reminds me of the old joke, "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out!"

Then there's, "Give blood, play hockey."

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Sorry Fozzie Bear I did not congratulate you and your team for winning the cup. I was so exicted about the 2-2 draw.

And yes it is nice when ones home team wins the cup. But on the realistic side of thing I don't think Denmark will win the World Cup at this time. But they help to make things a bit harder for the other teams. For instance USA had to play a game against Slovenia to avoid relegation, everbody thought that it was Denmark who should play that game.

And all this from a guy that normally don't watch hockey......

By the way I just read that the canadian team are also the Olympic champions.