I'd like to own a Fraggle

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I'll get up a pic when I can, Puppetainer. I like the robe idea.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I know i'm coming to this thread late in the game but wanted to throw something out there.

I think when it comes to puppet versions of the Muppets/Fraggles, the modern Muppet fandom community has gotten a bit spoiled by the replica poser puppets from Master Replicas and EFX and also by the "puppet scalpers" on Ebay illegally trying to pass off home-made replicas as the real thing. If you're really interested in the art of puppet building (which a lot of members of this forum...and this subforum...are), you may want to make one but there's also a lot of joy in keeping your eyes peeled for an OFFICIAL toy product.

Okay, there aren't as much great mass marketed Muppet puppets like there were in the 70's but Fraggles have been represented in plush and more recently puppet form for a while. Mass marketed toys may not have the detail as the stuff on your tv screen and again after we've seen the professional replicas, may not seem as "exciting" but if you simply want a three dimensional representtion of Gobo or Wembley in your home, i wouldn't dismiss the idea of looking for a toy plush or puppet. Some of my happiest memories are playing with my plush Gobo and reenacting scenes from Doc's workshop using an actual hole in one of my house's walls! Plus you also get the excitement of financially supporting the Henson Company allowing them to do more projects we all love!

That may not be the route you originally considered but still it's not one to sneeze at. Going beyond the Fraggles, a lot of those official Sesame/Muppet puppets from the 70's were just awesome toys/collectables PERIOD.

I didn't search the forum, so if these have already been answered somewhere here you may throw pies at me before linking me to the proper thread. :wink:
Can we still go ahead and throw pies at you anyway? Nothing's more fun (and Muppety!) than a good pie throw.

spcglider

Reaction score
I will encourage you to MAKE YOUR OWN.

And remember... you won't be happy with your first one. And probably not your second one. Maybe your third one, but maybe not. By the time you've gotten to making your fourth one, you should be starting to get other ideas in your head for other puppets.

And then I'd encourage you to MAKE THOSE TOO.

Don't get hung up on making something perfectly like it sprang fully formed from the brow of the Muppet Workshop. Take the opportunity to learn and grow your skills. Along the way you're going to discover new materials and techniques and patterns and... all kinds of stuff.

You're gonna have a ton of fun researching and asking questions and making friends who can help you learn.

And like I said... hopefully the attempt will inspire you to bigger and greater puppet projects. If not, that's okay too.

Just don't get so wrapped up in the destination that you miss the journey.

-Gordon