Idea: Pigs in Space: The Movie

Red Fraggle

Reaction score
OMG i would soooo love to see them do a pigs in space movie the muppets from space all about gonzo adn his ancestry was cute but not as good as real calssic muppet stuff. recently in watching tms season 1 i noticed how they cleaned gonzo up a bit from his orin=ginal appearnce origninally he kinda looked like he was made of leftover material not really blue or grey but also some purple or green or pink in his fur and the greasy black hairs coming out of his head. makes me wonder why tehy cleand up his apperance maybe they didnt realise he'd be so pupular wnad well loved...

i realy love all your ideas about pigs in space the movie id pay to see it over adn over again. :mad:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Yeah it would be even awesomer if they made it a sequel to The Great Santa Claus Switch and Muppets From Space all in one movie! The evil aliens could be frackles! Thog could be a henchman again! Not evil, just having to do what he's told. And they could design a whole new, black Frackle to be the villain! And they could have epic, star wars parody battles! :smile: AWESOME!
I see but one thing wrong with your idea (not meaning to be mean or anything). Has there ever been a Muppet villain in a Muppet movie? It works best if The Muppets are the heroes and there is a human villain.

Fluffets

Reaction score
I see but one thing wrong with your idea (not meaning to be mean or anything). Has there ever been a Muppet villain in a Muppet movie? It works best if The Muppets are the heroes and there is a human villain.
Now I think it would be good either way, plus nower days I wonder which is best, a lot of computer/enhanced shots or very simple effects?:confused: I raise this question after seeing Star Trek today.:big_grin:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I think this is a neat idea! If it were a movie though, it would be neat to see them play it off like a story, with little breaks in character where you see the muppets telling it to one another. I like the idea of Pigs in Space better knowing that they are actors and it is just a stage. Pretending it was real would take out some of the sense of fun. Maybe having the story divert a bit when a different character is telling it, almost like a campfire round group telling scary stories to one another, or a group of a few of them telling it to kids. Anyone sorta get what I mean?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I think this is a neat idea! If it were a movie though, it would be neat to see them play it off like a story, with little breaks in character where you see the muppets telling it to one another. I like the idea of Pigs in Space better knowing that they are actors and it is just a stage. Pretending it was real would take out some of the sense of fun. Maybe having the story divert a bit when a different character is telling it, almost like a campfire round group telling scary stories to one another, or a group of a few of them telling it to kids. Anyone sorta get what I mean?
:eek:YOU ARE A MIND READER (and that's a great idea)!:eek: I had an idea for a few gags involving the characters referencing the fact that it's all a movie.

#1: Robin as part of a gang of monsters that they run into, Kermit asks why and Robin states that he's filling in for Gorgon Heap, who ate a bad lawyer and got sick.

#2: Dearth Nadir constantly running and bumping into things and people, because Gonzo finds out that the suit no longer fits right and he can't see out of it.

#3: Link states that things feel too quiet and Piggy states that there's no laugh track. (And when she does there IS a laugh track for a brief moment.)

#4: Characters forgetting their lines and Scooter running in to remind them.

#5: At the end, after being gone for almost the entire movie, Statler and Waldorf make an appearance in the balcony. There is an alarm clock perched on the edge.

Waldorf
That was an effective way to kill time.​

Statler
I've got a better one.​

Statler pulls out a gun and shoots the clock, which falls over the edge.​

Does anyone have any others? This needs all the help it can get!​

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Now I think it would be good either way, plus nower days I wonder which is best, a lot of computer/enhanced shots or very simple effects?:confused: I raise this question after seeing Star Trek today.:big_grin:
I know what you're saying. I've seen many a movie with promise ruined by over use of CG effects.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Who is playing Dearth Nadir in Pigs in Space:the Movie?:confused: I think it is Gonzo!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Who is playing Dearth Nadir in Pigs in Space:the Movie?:confused: I think it is Gonzo!
Of course it's Gonzo! What made you think I wouldn't be Gonzo?

{Goes back, looks at post and blushes}

Sorry if I was confusing in my typing.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Of course it's Gonzo! What made you think I wouldn't be Gonzo?

{Goes back, looks at post and blushes}

Sorry if I was confusing in my typing.
Yeah how could it not be gonzo? If not it would be by one of gonzo's relatives because one of them was wearing darth vader like armour in MFS.:smile: