Ideas For New Muppet Specials

beaker

Reaction score
Well one thing is for certain...it is definately not of the tv specials weve seen in the 70's and 80's. And yes it is not in the order of a theatrical release. But I sure liked it a whole heckuva lot better than MCC and MTI!

A lot of things come out that are ambigious. Cinderelmo, Kermit's Swamp Years, Very Muppet Christmas. What's a film? whats a made for tv film? and what's a special? Maybe it is for the viewer to decide, heh.

Gonzo

Reaction score
...I liked Very Merry more than Muppets From Space, but I don't think I liked it more than MCC and MTI... there were too many slow moments in it that held it back, although the character inclusions sure put it up there....

All have fine moments, but not all are coherent. Kind of like us here.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, the thing I liked most about AVMMCM was that the Muppets were closer to being the stars of their film. I mean, in MCC, they are basically supporting characters, and Gonzo and Rizzo are basically narratos. MTI, geting closer, but it's basically Jim Hawkins and John Silver with the muppets. MFS, well, closer still.. though it's basically Gonzo with Jeffory tambor, and Bobo as the Comic releif.

Now, if we can just make an ALL Muppet movie, that's really be something...

Luke

Reaction score
What it does go to prove is that Henson can make a Muppet movie of a quality and level that some feel is better than the theatrical ones on the higher end scale of TV Movie budgets. That's great news for them and they may well be needing that in the future. It means not all Muppet Movies have to be huge theatrical affairs.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i would like to see a movie behind the scenes special about the muppets or even more importantly the muppet show. it's kind of like how the e channel looks at a star or even a tv show. the special can look at the good and bad years, to the beginning of how the muppet show got started, etc.

this could actually work, and it can be quite funny and entertaining.......

anybody else like to see this become a speical! hope henson is reading this!

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i would like to see a movie behind the scenes special about the muppets or even more importantly the muppet show. it's kind of like how the e channel looks at a star or even a tv show. the special can look at the good and bad years, to the beginning of how the muppet show got started, etc.

this could actually work, and it can be quite funny and entertaining.......

anybody else like to see this become a speical! hope henson is reading this!

ryan

Gonzo

Reaction score
Ryan,

I was thinking the same thing...we've seen them for all these other shows/bands/etc. that are MUCH less popular and lower profile than the Muppets (and always have been...); why we haven't seen one about the Muppets/Sesame Street/Jim Henson Productions is beyond me.

I'd love to see one of those.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Super Scooter

Reaction score
All right. All of us major fans select a story idea out of a hat and calaborate on our own script and ship it out to JHC!!! Ha ha ha. :rolleyes:

Actually, on second thought, that might work. All the best movies are written by fans! (It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie; Star Trek: Nemesis) What do you think, guys? (and gals, but that sounds just stupid)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hey, everybody! Go to the new "Muppet TV Movie Idea" thread! If you read this before it pops up, just wait a little bit. It'll be there. I've got something new for you!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Now that the Henson Children have bought the company back, This is much more of a possibility than before !

So anyone got any new ideas ?