1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Ideas for using a slinky inside a puppet?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by gbutler288, Jun 8, 2012.

1. gbutler288

gbutler288 New Member

Hi I'm new to puppet making and I saw puppets that have slinkies as bodies that are attached to two gloves. One for head and one for feet. I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach the plastic slinky to the fabric sleeve or tube that will cover the slinky. I figure once its attached I would then so the tubes ends together and then sew the glove to the top of the tube? Any advice wisdom critique is appreciated. I have so much to learn. but having a blast learning.
  2. callmemilo

callmemilo Member

Plastic to fabric? I'd suggest using hotglue. Preferably on the inside of the puppet instead of outside where it could look quite messy. Perhaps make a small hole and feed the slinky inside, then glue from the inside.