IDW to publish CN comics

rowlfy662

Reaction score
oh a harvey birdman comic would of been great i'm surprised they didn't do it at the time though come to think of it there wasn't much harvey birdman merchandise at the time which suprised me i thought i was popular

Drtooth

Reaction score
Very thin news update...

Next Ryall talked about IDW's recently announced partnership with Cartoon Network to make comics based on their multitude of shows. "Samurai Jack" has input from series creator Genndy Tartakovsky, and "The Powerpuff Girls" coincides with the show's upcoming relaunch.

The Samurai Jack series has promise if they're working closely with Genndy. I hope, just like the DC published series, they get some of the original creators to write/draw stories or at least do some of the covers.

Dunno what to say about a Powerpuff Girls relaunch. They pretty much tied everything up with the 10th anniversary special.

Also of note, they're doing a Black Dynamite comic.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Wait, so they really are going to be relaunching the powerpuff girls? Wonderful...I bet its going to be crappy flash animation -_-

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, are both Jack and PPG coming back? Hmm, PPG was really milked for more than it was worth, but a new Samurai Jack would be interesting perhaps... I don't even remember, did Jack ever return to the past/defeat Aku in the original?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wait, so they really are going to be relaunching the powerpuff girls? Wonderful...I bet its going to be crappy flash animation -_-
The 10th anniversary special was Flash and it was anything but crappy. Ditto Fosters Home and the footage of Craig's new series. I'm more concerned by the fact the 6th season's writing was crappy (except for Asp-erations... that was brilliant!) and there really isn't too much more they can do with the characters.

Jack's not coming back. Never. They keep saying the movie will happen, and I swear people saw Hotel Transylvania just to make it a hit so CN would hire Genndy back. The comic is all that there is, and if they can give the show a proper finale through the comic, I'd like to see that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, a TPB reprinting the original DC comics series.
The CARTOON CARTOONS series? I used to head down to BAM whenever they released an issue that had either a Courage story or an EEE story (or both), but there's an issue or two that I missed because they weren't released (or at least, they weren't on the shelves at BAM) when they were supposed to. I think one of them was the very last issue of CC before they switched to that crappy CARTOON NETWORK BLOCK PARTY that was incredibly kiddied-down, and it looked like absolutely no detail (or care) was put into the Courage stories anymore. Admittedly, there was ONE EEE story from the CNBP series that was entertaining where Ed ended up in a body cast ("Hey guys! I'm my mommy's favorite mummy!")

Drtooth

Reaction score
So far, only Powerpuff Girls. It will feature the comics used in Cartoon Network Starring and the first few issues of their regular series.

But I wouldn't doubt a CN grapich Novel reprint TPB in the future.

Personally, I just want all the Cartoon Netowrk Presents Space Ghost Coast to Coast comics in a TPB. They kept selling out before I got them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, Dexter's Lab fans...

There's totally going to be a Dexter's Lab series as well come April.

So far, it's only a 4 parter, but PPG and Samurai Jack have expanded to regular series.