If Kermit stops hosting...

HPDJ

Reaction score
If Kermit stops hosting who would you employ to take over from him? I know it was terrible with Clifford in MT, but who would you love to see do it?

I'd say anyone except Clifford or Pepe :rolleyes: ! I'd probably go for Sam :attitude: or Fozzie :embarrassed: .

MWoO

Reaction score
Hmm...strange. I never actually thought about it. No one would seem right. It's like people that remember Jonny Carson and were introduced to Leno after years. Just doesn't seem right, yet people who only know Leno see nothing weird with it at all.

That Announcer

Reaction score
If Kermit doesn't host the next Muppet series, it's practically a sure go that Pepe will take the reins. I love Pepe, but I don't think he deserves that big an honor. If I had to choose, I'd say Scooter or Gonzo should do it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nooooooooo-oooooooooo-oooooooooo!

Never Pepe in charge of a Muppet production. Piggy, perhaps, or Scooter. But not Pepe. Heaven preserve us if Pepe runs the next Muppet Show.

"The permit for the top-less night-cluuub."

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Like him or not - I do by the way - Clifford is one of the only characters who I could see being used to host the show, but a new Muppet Show would definately use Kermit anyway - he's just to big a selling point to relegate again.

Also worth a trial might be Johnny Fiamma with Sal - but only for a one-off special show...

P

Philip Kippel

Rowlf would make a great host.

He's already proven before that he'd make a good host, in the times that he did get to host productions or introduce acts.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Clifford really disappointed me as an emcee, and not just because he isn't Kermit. "Mmm, she sure is...wholesome." Clifford has the look but lacks the personality.

Pepe is also a horrid choice. I just think it would be nice to have a host who's not going to totally perv on female guest stars. I realize Kermit sometimes expressed his crushes but at least he was tasteful about it.

I kind of like the idea of Johnny and Sal, but they might wear out their welcome. To avoid this, why couldn't the duty be shared by multiple Muppets? Either one or two Muppets get the opportunity to host an entire show

-OR-

Several Muppets share hosting duties for every show. Maybe Fozzie comes out and does a monologue, Kermit, Sam and Rowlf could do talk spots, Bunsen and Beaker could introduce musical numbers, etc.

If there had to be one character to emcee, though, my top three choices would be:

Kermit
Gonzo
Rowlf

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Absolutely no one!!! Kermit is the leader and he should do it. No questions asked. I doubt they would have any of the other muppets take over. They may create a new character to do it. Like they did with Clifford. But I hope it never comes to that.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Based on the perenial forum that is a seasoned male older host along with a glamourous young lady could perhaps be emulated by having Kermit appear with a new young female muppet as his co-host. This would also allow Piggy to get jealous of her...

MWoO

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
Like him or not - I do by the way - Clifford is one of the only characters who I could see being used to host the show, but a new Muppet Show would definately use Kermit anyway - he's just to big a selling point to relegate again.

Also worth a trial might be Johnny Fiamma with Sal - but only for a one-off special show...
I think the only reason Clifford was made the host was because he was a character almost no one knew at the time. So they could easily manipulate his character abd create a host. Plus he was a character performed by Kevin Clash who ws a main performer at the time and hopefully will be again.

If Kermit were to ever step down as host (which he likely won't after what happened with MT) I think it might be better to just create an entierly new character. Jonny would make a good host too without much reworking needed.